Do you use WhatsApp and have lots of messages with your friends and families? Messages are always important to store. It is the reason why WhatsApp has the feature to backup your chats and media files. You can keep your chat and media files secure on your device and cloud storage.
But what if you are changing your device? How to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android? Will your chats be recovered on changing devices from ios to Android?
You can transfer your WhatsApp messages from iOS to Android. Although there is no simple way to do so, there are multiple apps and other ways to transfer WhatsApp messages from iOS to Android.
How to transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android?
There are multiple apps you can use for transferring WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android:
Wondershare MobileTrans app helps you transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android using the chat backup and recovery option similar to the chat backup feature of WhatsApp. It is a desktop application and allows you to create a chat backup on your desktop system.
Here are the steps to use the app and transfer messages from iPhone to Android:
- Install the Wondershare MobileTrans application.
- Connect your iPhone to the application.
- Click on the Backup and Restore option.
- Choose App Backup and Restore.
- Choose the option to Back up your WhatsApp data.
- Tap the Start button. It will begin the backup process to your computer.
- After the backup is complete, you can tap on the backed-up messages to view them.
- Connect your Android device to the computer.
- Restore the chat backup created in the computer by transferring it to your local storage.
B] Using Email Option
You can email your WhatsApp messages from your iPhone and then access them on your android device. The only disadvantage to this method is that you can only view the transferred WhatsApp messages. It does not allow you to sync your WhatsApp data on Android devices.
Here are the steps to Email your WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android:
- Open your WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Click on the Settings option through the three dots in the top menu bar.
- Choose Chat settings.
- Click on the Email chat option.
- Choose the WhatsApp history that you want to email.
- Choose either the “Without Media” or “Attach Media” option according to your preferences. It lets you attach the related chat media to the Email message.
- Type the email id and click on Send.
- On the android device, log in to the email address you entered in the previous step.
You can now view all the WhatsApp messages transferred from iPhone to Android over email.
C] Using the Wutsapper Application
Wutsapper app is another useful app from Wondershare. It is an android application that helps you create chat backup from your iPhone. Here are the steps to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android using the Wondershare Wutsapper app:
- Download the Wutsapper App on your android device.
- Connect your android device to your iPhone using a USB OTG adapter.
- Open the Wutsapper app and enable access to iPhone.
- Tap the Start to copy button to begin the transfer process.
- Wait for a few minutes and let the app convert the backup messages to the Android-supported format.
- Follow the guide available in the app for completing the restore process.
You can easily transfer WhatsApp messages using the Wutsapper application from iPhone to Android. All you need is a USB OTG adapter to connect the two devices.
Direct Transfer Messages from iPhone to Android
The direct method of transferring WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android is only available in Android 12. Thus, if you have android 12 running on your device, you can opt for this method.
Here are the steps to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android directly:
- Connect your devices using type-c to lightning cable.
- Open WhatsApp on the android device. It will pop up a QR code on the screen.
- Click on Settings on iPhone.
- Click on Chats and select move chats.
- Scan the QR code visible on your android device.
- Tap the start button. It will begin the transfer process from iPhone to Android.
This method requires the Android 12 version and a Type-C cable for successfully transferring WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
There is no direct way to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android. You cannot use the chat backup option available on WhatsApp because it will back up the messages on iCloud.
Thus, you can transfer the WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android using different apps and settings. I hope the guide will help you learn how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android device without any hassles.