This article provides instructions on how to delete a WhatsApp group permanently along with other alternatives to deleting a WhatsApp group.
WhatsApp is probably the most popular messaging platform in the world right now. There are better platforms than WhatsApp when it comes to having loads of features, but what sets apart WhatsApp is the simplicity and ease of use. One of the simple yet useful features of WhatsApp is Whatsapp Group chats. But sometimes, too many groups can lead to annoyance, significantly when anyone who has your contact number can add you to a group. So in this article, we will learn How to delete a WhatsApp group permanently.
How to delete a WhatsApp group permanently?
Deleting a WhatsApp group is a straightforward process. Here is what you need to do-
- Step 1: Open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone and browse for the group you want to delete.
- Step 2: Now, open the group chat and tap on the group’s name to open group settings.
- Step 3: Here, you’ll find the list of participants included in the group and various other customizable settings. Scroll down to the bottom of this page you’ll find an option called Exit group. Yes, you have to leave the group before deleting it.
- Step 4: Select the Exit group and confirm your action using the EXIT button from the popup menu.
- Step 5: Once you leave the group, you’ll get the option to delete the group. Select Delete Group and confirm your action using DELETE GROUP again.
That’s it; this is how to delete a WhatsApp group permanently.
NOTE: Once you leave a particular group, the group’s admins can no longer add you back unless you choose to do so using the group link.
Sometimes leaving a group can be rude, especially if it’s one of your relatives or close friends who added you to that group. In that case, the best way to get rid of the annoyance is to mute the group and stop all the notifications from that particular group.
How to Mute a WhatsApp Group?
You can mute a group for 8 hours, 1 week, or permanently. Earlier, you were not allowed to mute the group for more than 1 year, but WhatsApp added the option to mute the group forever with the recent update. Here is how to do that-
- As mentioned earlier, visit the group you want to mute and go to the group settings by tapping on the group name.
- Now toggle on the Mute notifications switch.
- Once you do that, you’ll get three mute settings, 8 hours, 1 week, or Always. Select Always to mute the group permanently and untick the Show notifications button to stop all the notifications. Tap OK to complete the process.
Even if you mute the group once you open your WhatsApp, you’ll see the group with the number of unread messages you have from that group. If you don’t even want to see the group on your chats, there is a way to remove the group from your chats. You have to archive the group.
How to Archive a WhatsApp Group?
Archiving a group is pretty simple. It just requires one simple step. Also, using the same method, you can mute the group. Here is how-
- Open WhatsApp and browse the particular group you want to archive.
- Tap and hold on to the group to select it.
- Now from the top, select the box with a downward-facing arrow icon. This will archive the group and put it in a different section altogether.
We hope you liked this short article on how to delete a WhatsApp group permanently and all the different alternatives to deleting a group. If you have any other doubts or queries, please drop them in the comment section below.
- How to know if someone saved your number on WhatsApp?
- How to transfer WhatsApp to new Phone with same number?
- How to transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android?
- How to add WhatsApp link to Instagram bio [3 easy methods]
- [10 Easy Steps] How To Backup WhatsApp Chat To Google Drive
- How to read deleted WhatsApp messages in Android Smartphone