WhatsApp is an app where you can chat, call, and video call people worldwide. To do these in WhatsApp, you need to save their phone number in your phone. If you don’t save a number, you won’t be able to use these features. But ever wondered? the person you are chatting with has saved your number or not? There’s a feature in WhatsApp; you can know if someone has saved your number. Don’t know how to check? So, you are in the right place; in this post, I am going to share the process of How to know if someone saved your number on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp has some fantastic features. You can change text styles; you can also send stickers, etc. It becomes more useful when you know about those features. You can also know if someone has your contact number saved on their device or not. To know whether someone has saved your number on Whatsapp, read this post till the end.
There is a way where you can’t see one’s profile photo if he didn’t save your contact. But many people have their profile photo as public so that anyone can see their profile photo. That’s the limitation of this technique. You cannot see one’s profile photo or status if he has enabled his privacy option to my contacts and your contact is not saved in their phone. But if their privacy is public, anyone can see their photo and status even if their contact is not saved. I am going to share a useful way that will allow you to check if they have saved your contact or not.
How to know if someone saved your number on WhatsApp?
WhatsApp broadcast is an inbuilt function of WhatsApp. This allows you to send the same message to multiple people by sending the message only once. You don’t need to send the message multiple times. You need to create a broadcast list with the people you want to send the message, name the broadcast, and send any message to that broadcast. Your message will be delivered to all of them.
The only official way of knowing if someone has saved a WhatsApp number is through WhatsApp broadcast. You can use this technique on your android device and iPhone as well. Many people will suggest you use third-party apps to do this. But in my opinion, you should not download or use those kinds of apps as this can be a threat to your data, or you may get banned from using WhatsApp.
Let’s continue to the steps –
A] How to know if someone saved your number on WhatsApp on Android smartphone?
Most of the WhatsApp users use android devices. So, firstly let’s see how to know if someone saved your contact in WhatsApp in android. You don’t need any third-party applications or do not need to follow the hectic process. You just need to follow these simple steps –
- Step1: First of all, open WhatsApp.
- Step2: Now click on the three dots located in the top right corner.
- Step3: A menu will be opened; click on the ‘New broadcast‘.
- Step4: Your all contacts will be shown. Choose the contacts on which you want to apply this technique. Then click on the ‘Right sign .
- Step5: Your broadcast list will be created. Now send any message through broadcast.
- Step6: Then, long-press your message and click on the three dots. Then click on info.
- Step7: Here, your message status will be shown whether it is delivered or not under message info.
- Step8: If that shows the message is delivered, then they have saved your contact. If the message is not delivered within 24 hours, they don’t have your number saved in their contact list.
B] How to know if someone saved your number on WhatsApp on iPhone smartphone?
If you are using iPhone and don’t know how to do this, then continue reading this post.
You can also do the same as you have done in android. You just need to follow a few steps –
- Step1: Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Step2: Then click on the chat key located in the bottom right corner.
- Step3: Now click on broadcast lists.
- Step4: Then tap on New list.
- Step5: Choose the contact on which you have a suspect of not saving your number. Then click on Create in the top right corner.
- Step6: Now send any message in that broadcast.
- Step7: Tap and hold your message and click on info.
If the person has saved your number, then delivered will be seen under his name. If the person has not saved your number, then your message will not be delivered. Using this method, you can quickly check if someone has saved your number or not on your iPhone.
According to WhatsApp policy, your message will not be delivered to the contacts if they have not saved the sender’s contact. WhatsApp’s this policy allows us to check whether someone has saved our number in their WhatsApp or not.
In this post, I talked about how to know if someone saved your number on WhatsApp. I hope you have learned something new from this post. If so, share with your friends to enlighten them with this WhatsApp function. Thank you for reading.