Whatsapp has recently released an update which will let you delete the sent message by the user if he thinks the message was sent by mistake or message is not appropriate or he is willing to delete it. And you can just see the message that – “this message has been deleted“. BUT if you want to read that message because you are too curious to read that 🙂 or you want to read that message which was sent mistakenly, but that is not possible in a WhatsApp officially. However, there is a trick to read that message again by some hacks. This article explains the same. Know how to read deleted WhatsApp messages in android phone from this article in easy steps.
Two ways to see deleted WhatsApp messages in android
Method 1: Install the app – Notification Log
This app is simply developed for debugging purpose by logging notifications arriving on an android mobile phone. But we can use it yo read deleted WhatsApp messages by browsing notification history log saved by the app. This app is available for free on play store.
Now, follow these steps to see deleted WhatsApp messages
- Once you install the app, open it and Click on Status Option which can be seen at very first in the list.
- Now, enable the notification access of notification log option from the displayed list.
- From the settings section, enable the toggle in front of “Log Text” option.
- The app is now started logging all notifications that come on your phone.
- You can now close the app and leave it as it is.
- To see deleted WhatsApp messages that you want to check, just open the app and browse the log and check the message that states- “this message has been deleted“.
- Scroll little below and you can see another notification which was deleted previously.
With these simple steps, you can now read deleted WhatsApp messages on your phone.
Please note that you cannot see the deleted WhatsApp messages which were deleted prior to installing the app. Also, this app can’t let you see the image deleted previously.
Method 2 – Install a modded version of the Whatsapp
If you don’t want to use any extra third-party app on your phone, you can use the modded version of WhatsApp which provides more advanced features and controls over WhatsApp. One such feature is to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages.
the very popular modded WhatsApp version which provides to see deleted messages is GBWhatsapp.
You can install this app from Gbwhatsapp website and install it along with your official WhatsApp also.
After installing and setting up the app follow these simple steps to read deleted WhatsApp messages easily –
- Tap on 3 dot icon from the top right corner.
- Tap on Privacy option and then select “Enable Anti-Revoke“.
- The messages won’t delete now. If someone deletes the message, you will get a notification that “xxxxxxxxxx this number has revoked the message“.
- Just tap on that notification, and you can see the message is still there. It won’t be deleted and you can see it later on.
- You can see every revoked message of a single contact by going to – tap on the profile of the person you want to check the revoked message –> select Revoked Messages option.
That’s it, you can now see deleted messages on the app itself.
However, this is not an official Messaging app and modded by some other peoples. Whatsapp doesn’t encourage to use such apps but if you are willing to use you may lose your privacy at any time. So be careful while installing such apps.
Retrieving a deleted messages in WhatsApp is easy now. By using a notification log app and using the modded version of WhatsApp lets you see deleted messages without any hassle.