Instagram is all about photos and short videos. Post a status to give updates in your life or showcase your talent with them. You can also post short videos and status videos to share the updates. There is some situation for almost every one of us that one person is annoying you on Instagram. If you want to avoid such people and hide posts from them, then this guide is for you. This article will learn how to hide posts from someone on Instagram.
Since there is no straightforward way to hide the post from someone, we will do alternate methods. These methods are simple and can be performed by anyone from the mobile App and the web version.
- Why do you need to hide posts from someone on Instagram?
- How to Hide posts from someone on Instagram?
Why do you need to hide posts from someone on Instagram?
There are specific reasons to hide posts from someone. Some common reasons that I considered myself are –
- The User is stalking you and making irrelevant comments on the posts.
- The User is sharing your photos/videos to their wall without your consent.
- You may not want to tell where you are currently, or you don’t want to share some life updates with someone.
- Girls are women affected mostly if their account is public. Many people re-share their DP to other social media pages with irrelevant content captions.
How to Hide posts from someone on Instagram?
We have explained four proven methods which will help you to hide posts from someone easily –
- By sharing posts only to close friends
- By muting a particular person
- By making the account private
- By blocking the specific person
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to block someone on Instagram by blocking the User?
This method works on both Mobile App and a website.
Please note that You can hide the posts from the User by this method, but users will know you blocked them. To hide posts without letting them know, use the mute option explained in the following method.
- Open App and search for the particular person you want to hide posts from.
- Now, click on the three-dot menu at the top of the page and click on the “Block” option.
- Again tap on the Block button to block the person.
Method 2 – Hide stories from someone by sharing only to close friends?
If you create a close friends list and share posts only to that list, your post will not be seen by any other person. This method works on both Mobile App and website.
???? Create Close Friends List in App –
- Open the App and tap on your DP at the bottom of the screen.
- Then tap on the menu icon at the top of the screen and tap the “Close Friends” option from the menu.
- Now tap on the + icon at the top to add the friends to the “close friends” list. You can add as many friends as you want.
???? Share the post to close friends only –
- Create a new story. Take a photo or video of your choice.
- Once you finish designing adding filters, tap on the share button.
- Now choose “share with close friends” only.
- Done! Your story will now be visible only to close friends.
ALSO READ – How to check liked posts on Instagram?
Method 3 – How to hide posts from someone on Instagram by Muting them?
This method works only on Mobile App.
- Open the App and search for the person you want to hide posts from.
- Now, tap on the “Following” below the DP.
- Now, tap on the Mute option.
- Select enable muting for “Post” and “stories” options from the new screen.
- Done! Your future posts and stories will now be hidden from that person.
Want to unmute someone on Insta? Read a detailed guide on How to mute someone on Instagram.
Method 4 – Make Account Private to stop displaying any content to Non-Follower.
Making an account private will hide all your posts from the person. They can only see the content if you accept their following request. This method works on both Mobile App and websites.
Please note the Business Account cant be made Private. You can make only Individual account private.
- Open the App and tap on your DP at the bottom of the page.
- Then tap on the Settings option.
- Then tap on the “Privacy” option from the new page.
- Now, enable the “Private Account” option to make your account private.
Done! Only followers can now see your posts and stories.
We have seen four easy methods through which you can easily hide your future posts and existing posts from someone. If you have any queries/doubts about the information provided on how to hide posts from someone on Instagram, please let us know in the comment section below.
- "Why can't I save Audio on Instagram Reels?" [In just 1 minute]
- How to see someone's Instagram activity? [Find all 6 activities easily]
- How to add Music to Instagram post?
- How to Delete Multiple Followers on Instagram? [2 Easy methods]
- What does it mean when it says Instagram User? [Find in 1 minute]
- How to see who shared your Instagram post?
- How to fix couldn't refresh feed on Instagram? [5 Quick Fixes]