Instagram is a great social media platform to share your memories with friends and families. We keep them on our following list to connect with them. But there will be times when you want to mute someone for several reasons. There is an option to unfollow unwanted people. Still, we have to admit that sometimes unfollowing someone on social media can be considered rude, especially if someone thinks of you as a friend or sometimes a distant relative whom you cannot just unfollow for apparent reasons. So muting them not to get their posts, stories, or calls on your Instagram is a viable option because Instagram doesn’t let the person know if you’ve muted them.
So, this article will discuss how to mute someone on Instagram and how to unmute someone on Instagram if the need arises.
How to Mute someone on Instagram?
There are three ways you can Mute someone on Instagram. We will go through each one by one below-
1. Mute someone through their profile
- Search for the profile you want to mute by tapping on Search
- Tap on the “Following” below their profile info.
- Now tap on Mute.
- Now toggle Posts and Stories to mute both.
2. Mute someone through feed
If you happen to come across a post on your feed from someone you wanted to mute, you can use this opportunity to mute them. To do that-
- From the post tap on if you are on Android or tap on if you are on iPhone.
- Now tap Hide.
- Now you’ll get options to either Mute(username), Unfollow(username), or Undo your action.
- Tap on Mute(username), and you’ll have the option to Mute Posts or Mute Posts and Story. Tap on it to mute the user.
3. Mute someone’s call notification or messages through Instagram DM
If you want to mute someone you used to message earlier, you can do it from the DM section. To do that-
- Tap on the Messenger icon in the top right of your Insta Feed.
- Open the chat of the person you want to mute.
- Tap on the info icon at the top right of the chat.
- Now toggle Mute Messages and Mute Call Nofitfications.
These are the three ways you can Mute someone on Instagram. Now in case you ever need to unmute them, let’s learn how to unmute someone on Instagram in the latter half of this article.
Read More: How to save a DM video on Instagram?
How to Unmute someone on Instagram?
Unmuting Someone is Instagram is similar to how you muted them in the first place. The only difference is you won’t get to Unmute them using the second method we’ve discussed since you won’t be getting any posts or stories from them on your feed.
To unmute someone from Instagram –
- Search for the profile you want to mute by tapping on “Search” .
- Tap on the “Following” button below their profile info.
- Now tap on “Mute“.
- Now “toggle off” Posts and Stories to Unmute both.
If you’ve muted their messages and call notifications, you can unmute them using the 3rd method we’ve discussed earlier; you have to Toggle off the mute options.
So, folks, that’s all there is on how to unmute someone on Instagram guide today. You can use any of the three methods discussed here to mute someone, and later if you need, you can Unmute them using the sole method described in the latter half. If you have any questions regarding Instagram or tech in general, do let us know in the comment section below. You can also browse our Instagram section for more insight regarding the social media platform. Meanwhile, we’ve attached some of the other interesting articles below. Do give them a read if you have enough time or you found something interesting.
Read Next: How to Tag on Instagram Video?
- "Why can't I save Audio on Instagram Reels? [In just 1 minute]
- How to see someone's Instagram activity? [Find all 6 activities easily]
- How to add Music to Instagram post?
- How to Delete Multiple Followers on Instagram? [2 Easy methods]
- What does it mean when it says Instagram User? [Find in 1 minute]
- How to see who shared your Instagram post?
- How to fix couldn't refresh feed on Instagram? [5 Quick Fixes]