Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms with over 1 billion monthly active users. It has become an integral part of our lives. Over the years, apart from sharing cute pictures with a caption and hashtags, Instagram has also become an essential tool for many businesses and content creators. One of the other important features of Instagram people and businesses use so often is Instagram Direct Messaging, also known as Instagram DM.
Earlier it was just a simple messaging app with few features, but Instagram recently integrated it with their own Facebook messenger. The interface is still the same, but now it got tons of useful features missing earlier. Ever since the integration, it has now become the go-to instant messaging app for all users. Now, if you use Instagram DM frequently, either to run your business or connect with people, it’s obvious that it may get cluttered and need some cleaning. That’s what we are discussing today- How to delete messages on Instagram?
How to delete messages on Instagram?
You can delete entire conversations, or you can delete specific messages from a chat by unsending messages; more on it later, but first, let’s get on with deleting entire conversations. You can delete individual conversations one by one or select multiple conversations at once to delete all of them. Let’s learn how-
A] Delete an Individual conversation on Instagram
To delete an Individual conversation-
- Step 1: Open Instagram and tap on the Messenger icon located in the top right corner.
- Step 2: Now, tap and hold the conversation you want to delete, and it will give you an options menu.
- Step 3: Select Delete from that menu to delete the entire conversation.
B] Delete multiple conversations at once
To delete multiple conversations on Instagram DM follow these easy steps-
- Step 1: Once you are on the DM page, look for 3 horizontal lines, including 3 dots at the top right corner of the screen. (Check the screenshot below for reference)
- Step 2: Now select multiple conversations you want to delete and tap on Delete from the bottom right corner.
- Step 3: Confirm your action by tapping on Delete again. and it’s done.
How to delete messages on Instagram by Unsending them.
Instagram Direct messaging service has this cool feature called Unsend messages. It works just like the Delete for everyone feature on Whatsapp. Still, it doesn’t notify the person that you’ve deleted a message, and there are no time limits to Unsend a message, unlike WhatsApp, where you have to delete the message before one hour of sending it. You can unsend messages days or even months after you’ve sent them on Instagram. Let’s learn how to do that-
- Step 1: Open the conversation from where you want to delete messages.
- Step 2: ‘Tap and hold‘ on to the exact message you want to delete and tab Unsend and confirm by pressing unsend again.
This will delete the message from both ends. And this completes today’s topic How to delete messages on Instagram? If you want to know more about Instagram and its features, please browse our website, especially the Instagram section. If you need any other help, please drop a comment below.