Facebook is a very popular app all over the world. Almost all of us have a Facebook app installed on our smartphone, or there is one browser tab always open with the Facebook website. FB is also a video-sharing platform with many informative videos being created and shared by users. We often come across one video that is so important to you, and you may want to download it. But unfortunately, there is no offline download button on Facebook App or Facebook website. However, there are some ways through which you can download any video from Facebook. In this guide, we will learn how to download Facebook videos on Android without any software, in step-by-step instructions.
- Why is there no download option on Facebook?
- How to download Facebook Videos on Android without any Software?
- How to Download Private Facebook Video on Android without any software?
Why is there no download option on Facebook?
Facebook and other social media platform won’t provide you the option to download videos offline, because –
- Facebook wants you to come back and visit their site to watch the video again so that you spend more time of their time which benefits them.
- Some videos are copyrighted, and there might be a chance that they will be re-uploaded for another purpose. (remember that Facebook will immediately delete copyright videos/images).
- Some videos are private/contain sensitive information that can’t be saved offline.
- As per the policies, you can only share the video and cant download it offline.
Facebook doesn’t want you to download the video because they want you to come back; also, they comply with the rules and users’ privacy. Despite all this, many people want to download Facebook videos that may be informative to them. For example, You have joined some webinars in the past, which are streamed online on Facebook and later posted on the group/timeline. The owner may delete that video after some days. During the webinar, you haven’t understood some things and may want to watch the video again after some days. In this case, it’s beneficial to download the video to your device before it gets deleted so that you can watch the video anytime you want to understand it fully.
Let’s check out the methods to download any video on Facebook to your device.
How to download Facebook Videos on Android without any Software?
There are several Apps available to download Facebook videos on Android smartphones, but such apps are filled with ads or don’t work properly. Also, you don’t want to install a separate app and reduce device storage. There is a straightforward and easy trick in Facebook itself that doesn’t require you any software or specific tool. Let us know the exact steps –
- First of all, you will need a URL of the video on Facebook – Open the Facebook app and navigate to the video, then from the three-dot menu, select the option – copy link .
- Then, open your browser app and paste the Facebook video link and load the page.
- Facebook may ask you to log in if you haven’t. Enter the login details and login into the browser.
- Now, you can play the video on the browser by tapping on it. But there is no download option.
- Don’t worry; we are going to do the trick here – go to the address bar and REPLACE “
https://www” Or “ https://m” WITH “mbasic“. The final URL will look like – “mbasic.facebook.com/xxxxxxx“.
- Tap on the Play button.
- The video will now play begin to play on the new window of the browser. Here, at the bottom of the window, click on the three-dot menu and tap on the “DOWNLOAD” button.
- Viola! The video will now start downloading on your smartphone.
This method can be used on all platforms like Android, iPhone, windows, etc.
How to download Facebook videos on android without any software using online websites?
Another way to download Facebook videos on android without any software is to use the online tools wherein you have to paste the same link on, and the tool will fetch the video and allow you to download it. We will see the popular website which enabled you to download Facebook videos on android without any software –
- First of all, you will need a URL of the video on Facebook – Open the Facebook app and navigate to the video, then from the three-dot menu, select the option – copy link.
- Open https://www.getfvid.com/ on your android phone’s browser.
- Then paste the link that you copied in the given text field into the website and click on the Download button.
- On the new page, you can now download a video in HD Quality or Normal Quality by clicking on the respective button.
- You can also download Audio Only with the help of this tool.
Well, still, there is one problem left. The videos downloaded shared in Private groups cant be downloaded. But don’t worry, there’s a tool to download videos shared privately.
How to Download Private Facebook Video on Android without any software?
- First of all, you need to open Facebook on the browser and navigate to the private video that you want to download.
- Now, on the address bar, add “view-source:” before the URL.
- The source code of the Facebook web page will load on the screen. Please select all the code and copy it.
- Open https://www.getfvid.com/private-downloader on your smartphone.
- Then open paste the code that you copied in the text box provided and click on the Download button.
- On the new page, you can download the video in HD quality and Normal Quality.
That’s it; you can now download any Facebook video, be it shared in the timeline, public group, or secret group.
What about downloading Facebook Story Video without any software on Android?
Currently, there is no way to download story videos without any software on android. You can install the Friendly app for Facebook to download story videos.
You are now able to download Facebook videos without software. If you have any queries related to Facebook, do write to us in the comment section below.
- How to unfollow group on Facebook? [3 easy steps]
- How to mark yourself safe on Facebook? [2 Easy ways]
- How to view old stories on Facebook? [in 5 easy steps]
- How to delete cover photo on Facebook?
- How to see your blocked list on Facebook? [On 3 Popular Platforms]
- How to unfollow all friends on Facebook at once?