Facebook is the world’s first social media app connecting many people online. Being a top platform, Facebook improves its App and web applications day by day. Recent changes in the app won’t let you copy any selective text on the App. The Android App allows you to copy all the text in the post but not the selective text. The mobile site won’t let you copy any text. So it becomes very difficult at times, but here we are, giving you a solution. In this article, we will see how to copy and paste on Facebook.
The limitations of the Facebook App to copy and paste the text –
Facebook App for Android gives the option to copy the whole post and post. You cannot copy selective text from a post or comment.
IOS devices, iPhone and iPad, are the same story; you cannot copy selective text.
However, the desktop website lets you copy and paste on Facebook. We will focus on Android and iPhone devices and learn how to copy-paste selective text on them.
How to copy and paste on Facebook on Android Phone?
We already know that Facebook App doesn’t allow a particular text copy feature on Android App. To overcome this limitation, we need a workaround. Here are the steps for the workaround –
- Open Internet Browser on your Android phone, like Chrome or Firefox.
- From the settings, click on the “Desktop Site” option.
- Now, in the URL box, type https://www.faebook.com.
- Login with your account credentials.
- You are now viewing a desktop version of Facebook on your mobile. Open the text that you want to download.
- Hold down the text to open up the selector toolbar.
- Select the particular text by dragging the selector left and right.
- Once done, select the “Copy” option from the toolbar.
- You can now paste the text in any field on Facebook by long pressing and then selecting the ‘Paste‘ option.
Must Read – How to copy text from Instagram post?
How to copy and paste on Facebook on iPhone/iPad?
The process is pretty much similar to what you would do for Android. You need to open a Safari Browser or Chrome browser and open the Facebook website in desktop view mode. You can then long-press on the selector to start copying selective text.
You can then long-press on the text field to paste the text to Facebook on iPhone or iPad.
Must Read – How to clear keyboard history iPhone
How to Copy and Paste on Facebook on Computer?
The desktop website for Android allows copying and pasting any text seamlessly.
- Open the Facebook website on your computer.
- Navigate to the post that you want to copy text from.
- Point the cursor to the start of the text and then hold down the left mouse key and drag the mouse to start copying.
- Once the desired text is copied, release the mouse left key and press the Right mouse key.
- From the menu, select the “Copy” option.
- Go to any text field on Facebook and right-click on it. From the menu, click on the “Paste” option.\
Related FAQ on How to copy and paste on Facebook –
Q – How do I copy paste images on Facebook?
A – Images cant be copied. You may share them by selecting the Share option or download the image to your device and then upload it on Facebook by giving credits.
Q – Why can’t I copy and paste on Facebook from my iPhone?
A – Since the App design does not let you copy the selective text. But you can copy the whole text, paste it into the desired field and then remove the unwanted text from the field.
Q -How do I enable copy text on Facebook?
Q – How to copy and paste on Facebook messenger?
A – On the messenger app, long tap on the message and select the “Copy” option. You can then paste the text into the messenger as a message or anywhere on the device.
We have seen how to copy and paste on Facebook on Android, iOS, and Computer. We can now select any text on Facebook and copy it to paste anywhere on the device. In the comment section below, let me know other Facebook queries you would like to be solved.