Google calendar does spam you. It irritates you by doing unwanted things like sending irrelevant notifications, creating automatic alerts, etc. Although it can be stopped, in this post, we are going to talk about how to stop Google calendar spam you.
Many users have faced or facing a Google calendar spam problem. It shows spam like – you have won iPhone, lottery, getting invites for video chat from random people, etc. These spams flood your Google calendar. So there are a couple of ways you can follow to prevent this from happening in the future.
Google said they would be fixed soon, but it has not taken any step forward. We should not wait for Google to fix this problem; we should try our way to fix this.
It’s easy to delete the events one by one, but it will take you a lot of time. In the future, this will again spam with the same kind of items. But, don’t worry; in this post, I have mentioned how to delete similar events at once. You will also know the process of not receiving these events in the future.
Why does Google Calendar Spam happen?
When you receive a Gmail with an event attached to it, Google automatically tracks it and adds it to the Google calendar. The task for spammers becomes easy as they just need to mail an event in your Gmail. If you mark those emails as spam, that doesn’t change anything. All your emails from the same sender will be automatically moved to spam, but Google calendar will keep picking events from these emails and will keep adding them to your Google calendar.
A] How to Stop Google Calendar spam you on Browser?
If you use the web version of Google calendar and get spammed, you can try this solution. This segment teaches you to stop spam in the web version.
How to stop Google calendar spam you? Follow these steps –
- Open Google Calendar on your computer’s browser – https://calendar.google.com.
- Sign in to your Google account if asked.
- Click on the “Setting” icon.
- Now click on “settings”.
- Then click on “event settings”.
- Search for the setting that says “add invitations to my calendar“, and click on that. After that, it will give you three options: “When I respond to the invitation in email“.
- Also, UNCHECK the box “Automatically add events from Gmail to my calendar” under the Events menu.
- Scroll down the page till you find “View options”. Under the view options menu, you will find “show declined events” UNCHECK it.
- If you have accepted any invitations before, they will be seen in Google calendar. To prevent future spam, delete one of the events and choose to delete all future events. Then click OK. You’ll see all the events completely removed.
Must Read – How to get Read aloud on Chrome browser?
B] How to delete spam calendar events on Android Phone?
Although it is removed from the browser, it might be shown on your Phone. Now you need to turn this off on your Phone. Turning this off in your android app is an easy task; you can easily do that by following these steps-
- First of all, open your Google calendar app. Update your app to the latest version if it is not.
- Now click on the top left corner. A menu will be opened.
- Scroll down a bit and then choose settings.
- Now click on General, located at the top.
- Turn off Show declined events.
This will turn off Google calendar spam on your Android device.
C] How to stop Google Calendar spam on iOS?
You may face the same issue on any of your iOS devices. To turn Google calendar spam on your iOS device, follow these steps-
- Open the Google calendar app on your iPhone.
- Then click on the Calendar located at the bottom.
- Now turn off the show declined events.
- Then tap on done.
How to Stop Google Calendar Spam events by Reporting? How to report Google Calendar spam?
If any unwanted spam is left to remove, then you can also report it. It removes the spam and all other spam from that particular sender. Let’s talk about the steps to report Google Calendar Spam. If any of the above methods did not work for you, I am sure this will do your work.
- You can go to either Google calendar App or the Google calendar website. Open Google calendar in your preferred location.
- Tap on the events you want to report as spam. Tapping on the events will expand the event.
- Click on the top right corner to open a window, and then click on Report as spam.
- Another window will be opened. It will ask you whether you want to report or not. Click on the report to confirm your request. That item will be removed from Google calendar.
- Repeat this step to remove all the spam.
These simple steps will help you to stop Google calendar spam events. I hope this post has helped you solve your problem. If so, feel free to share with your friends suffering from the same issue. Any suggestion or feedback is accepted; let me know in the comments.