In some situations, you need to attach your emails, but if you have not done that before, then you may don’t know the process. So, you are in the right place; in this post, I am going to guide you through the process of how to attach an email in Gmail.
Sometimes, you need to share your email conversations. But it is not as easy as WhatsApp. You have to follow a few steps to do so.
There are many ways to attach an email in Gmail. I have mentioned all the possible ways. You can use any of the methods below.
How to attach an email in Gmail on your PC?
You can attach an email in Gmail on your PC easily. There are many ways you can attach an email in Gmail. I have mentioned all the possible ways in this post. Follow the tutorial and you will get to know the process.
1. Forward as an attachment –
- First of all, open Gmail in your browser and log in to your account.
- Select the email you want to send as an attachment.
- Click on the three dots.
- Then select forward as attachment.
- A new mail window will be created with the mail attached.
- Enter the mail address where you want to send and send the mail.
2. Forward mail as PDF –
You can also forward your emails as PDF. At first, you need to make a PDF of that mail. Let’s see how-
- Open the email you want to attach.
- Then click on ‘Print‘ icon.
- A new tab will be opened. Now click on ‘Save as PDF‘.
- Then press ‘Save’.
- In the new window, select the file name and choose the folder where you want to save that file.
- Save that file. Your PDF will be created.
- Open your Gmail, click on compose.
- Then type the email address where you want to send that file.
- Click on the attachment button to add your recently created PDF.
- Send the file.
In this way, you can easily add emails in Gmail.
3. From Google Drive –
You can also do the same using your Google Drive.
- First of all, choose the mail you want to share as an attachment.
- Then click on Print.
- Now in the place of destination, choose Save to Google Drive. Save that email
- Open your Gmail and click on the Insert file using the Drive button.
- Select the file you have just saved in your Google Drive.
- Press the Insert button.
By using this way, you can also add your emails in Gmail.
4. Forward Mail –
If you only need to share one email, you can forward that mail. To do so, follow these steps –
- Open your Gmail and choose the mail you want to forward.
- At the bottom of that mail, you’ll find the forward option.
- Enter an email address where you want to forward that mail.
- Click on the send button.
5. Copy and Paste mails –
If you found these ways difficult, you can simply copy and paste emails.
- Open the mail you want to copy.
- Then press Ctrl+C to copy that mail.
- Go back and click on compose.
- Enter the email address that you want to send this mail.
- Then press Ctrl+V.
This easy way will help you to attach emails in your Gmail easily.
6. Drag & Drop mails –
You can use the above methods to attach emails in Gmail, but what if you are in a conversation? You need first to save that mail as a draft; then, follow those steps. But don’t worry, I got you covered. You can easily drag & drop emails to attach in your Gmail.
- First of all, open your Gmail. Compose a new mail.
- In a new window, open your Gmail inbox.
- These two windows should be beside each other.
- Then select the emails you want to attach.
- Drag those emails and paste them into the new window where you are writing a new mail.
That’s it. This way, you can attach an email as an attachment when you are in a conversation.
B] How To Attach an Email in Gmail mobile app?
You can also do the same on your android phone. All the processes are almost identical.
1. Forward as attachments-
This process had been mentioned above for PC. Now let’s see how you can do the same in your Gmail app.
- First of all, open your Gmail app.
- Log in to your Gmail account if not.
- Then choose the email you want to attach.
- Scroll down the mail and click on forward.
- Now you need to enter the email address where you want to send that mail.
- Enter the details and send the mail.
2. Share as PDF –
You can also export your emails as PDFs and later send those PDFs as attachments.
- Open your Gmail app and choose the email you want to send.
- Click on the three dots located in the top right corner.
- Then click on Print.
- Now choose the destination Save as PDF.
- Then click on save
- Choose the destination where you want to save the file and enter a file name and click on save.
- Now go back to your Gmail app. Compose a mail.
- Click on attachment and attach the PDF file you have created.
This way, you can attach emails in Gmail in your android mobile app.
C] How to attach an email in Gmail on iPhone?
If you are using an iPhone and don’t know to attach emails in an iPhone, then you can follow these methods –
1. Forward your emails-
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone.
- Then choose the email.
- Now scroll down the mail.
- You’ll see an option to forward mail.
- Click on that. A new window of sending mail will be opened.
- Enter the email address and send.
2. Forward as PDF-
You can also save your emails as PDF, as I have told you before.
- First of all, open the email. Then click on the three dots.
- Now click on Print.
- Then save the email as a PDF.
- Now open your Gmail app, compose a new mail, and attach that file.
Also Read – How to declutter Gmail for good in 3 easy steps?
Can multiple Emails be sent in one email?
You can send multiple emails in one mail. At first, you need to save all the emails as PDF in your device. Then while sending the mail, you have to attach all the PDFs. This way, you can send multiple files in one email.
I hope that you have learned How to attach an email in Gmail. If so, share this with your friends to make them learn this. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please let me know in the comments. Thank you.