Google Chrome is a feature-packed Internet browser available for many platforms. You can browse and sync on your Windows computer, Android device with ease. There is one feature built-in chrome browser, i.e., Reader mode. You can read the text aloud displayed on the browser to listen to it if you don’t want to read it. In this article, we will see how to get read aloud on chrome browser on Windows, Android smartphone.
Benefits of “Reading Mode” in Chrome Browser –
Although it’s an old feature, many people don’t know its uses, increasing their productivity.
- You can hear a lengthy article posted on the Internet instead of reading it. Listening makes it easier and less time-consuming than reading on the screen.
- It’s better to listen than read on smaller smartphone screens.
- If you have power in your eyes, but you forgot the eye spectacles, you can use read aloud feature on the chrome browser.
How to get Read Aloud on Chrome Browser on Windows?
On your Windows computer, follow these steps –
- Open Chrome browser.
- Open the web page, which has content that you want to be read.
- Now click on the “Reader” mode at the URL section of the browser.
- The content will now reload to fit into a read aloud mode.
- Click on the “Read Aloud” option from the top of the page to start the reading.
- Turn up the volume to increase or decrease the volume.
- Press the “Space” bar to Play/Paus the reading.
- Click on the “Voice Options” to change reading speed and accent as per your preferences.
Also Read – How to export Chrome passwords in 2 minutes
How to get Read Aloud on Chrome on Android smartphone?
It would help if you had Google Assistant enabled on your smartphone to read page content.
- Open Chrome browser on your android smartphone.
- Then open the webpage which has content that you want to listen to.
- Now launch the Google Assistant. Many phones have a gesture – a long swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Then say “Read this Page” or you can also type read page/read aloud.
- Then for the first time, allow the permission to use screen context.
- Once you allow the permission, the reader mode is now activated.
- You can play pause the reading and change the reading speed from the options available on the screen.
On your smartphone and computer, you can quickly get the read aloud mode on chrome browser. In this article, we have seen simple steps on how to get read aloud on chrome browser. If you have any doubts/queries, you can write to us in the comment section below.