Despite all its criticism, Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms out there. Over a billion people use Facebook daily; that’s how huge the platform has become. One of the reasons for its utmost popularity is the ease of use and how accessible it is. Anyone can create a new account in a matter of seconds and start using it like they’ve been familiar with it all along. It’s that simple. Even though it’s simple, Facebook packs a ton of valuable features. One such feature is the ability to add different frames to your profile photo. So this article will discuss how to add various frames to your profile picture and how to remove frame on Facebook.
- What are Facebook Frames?
- How to add frames to your Profile Picture?
- How to remove frame on Facebook?
What are Facebook Frames?
Facebook frames are little decorations you can put on your profile picture. This includes various designs, frames related to numerous events, supporting a great cause, or simply the flag of any nation. You can add frames on your profile picture for as long as 1 hour to make it permanently sit there. It’s a great way to customize your profile to stand out from the crowd.
How to add frames to your Profile Picture?
Putting up a frame on your profile picture Is really a simple task. Let’s learn how you can do that.
Note: Adding a frame to your profile picture will mark it as a new profile picture. All the previous likes and comments will be removed.
- Step 1: Log in to your Facebook Account using the Facebook App on your android or iPhone or a browser like chrome or safari.
- Step 2: Now click on the hamburger menu located at the top right of the App.
- Step 3: Click on your profile name, and it will redirect you to your profile page.
- Step 4: Now tap on your profile picture, and a new menu will pop up with Add Frame as an option. Tap on it.
- Step 5: After you tap on Add Frame, you’ll be taken to the profile frame page. Here you can choose from the countless numbers of frames. By default, Facebook suggests some popular frames currently trading specifically to your region. You can either choose from them, or you can also search for frames from the search bar.
- Step 6: Once you have decided which frame to use on your profile picture, tap on it.
- Step 7: On the next screen, you can reassign the frame position to your profile picture. If you don’t want the frames to be permanent, you can provide an expiry time for the frame. To do that, click on the Make Temporary option. Here you can select from 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, or mark a custom date for the frames expiry.
- Step 8: Once you are happy with your choices, tap the SAVE button to add the frame to your profile picture.
Now that is how you add frames to your profile picture. But what if you made the frame permanent and want to remove it afterward. Don’t worry; we got you covered. This article is primarily about how to remove frame on Facebook. Let’s discuss it below-
How to remove frame on Facebook?
Earlier it was really easy to remove frames from profile pictures. Facebook has an option called Switch to Previous Picture, but nowadays, Facebook seems to have removed that option altogether. It’s not available for everyone. So we’ll have to find an alternative way of how to remove frame on Facebook. But let’s also discuss the earlier method as some people still get that option.
Method 1 – How to remove frame on Facebook by Switching to the Previous Picture?
To remove the frame and switch to the Previous Picture, do the following steps-
- Log in and go to your profile using the same process described earlier in this article.
- Now Tap on your profile picture, and you should find an option called Switch to Previous Picture.
- Tap on it, and the frame will be removed.
Unfortunately, this easy way of removing frames from profile pictures is no longer available for most people. So we have to find an alternate method. The only other way to remove the frame is to change the profile picture entirely.
Must Read: How To STOP Facebook from tracking you?
Method 2 – How to remove frame on Facebook by Changing the Profile Picture?
This method is a no-brainer; all you have to do is change your profile picture from the current one to the previous non-framed one or an entirely new Profile picture. But as we know, changing your profile picture will also remove all the likes and comments. But don’t worry; there is a sneaky way to revert to your profile picture without losing all the likes and comments. We will discuss that in the latter part of this article-=. Now let’s learn how to change your profile picture-
- Log in to your account and go to your profile on the app.
- Now click on your profile picture and tap on Select Profile Picture.
- By default, it will show you your gallery photos but slide right on the top bar to find different options like PHOTOS OF YOU, SUGGESTED PHOTOS, UPLOADS, and ALBUMS.
- Find your previous photo; you’ll most likely find it from the UPLOADS menu.
- Now select the photo and tap SAVE.
Your new profile picture will be uploaded, and the frame will be removed. But as mentioned earlier, you’ll be losing all your previous likes and comments. So as promised, let’s learn how you can change your profile picture and keep all your previous likes and comments.
Must Read – How To STOP Facebook from tracking you?
Method 3 – How to remove frame on Facebook and Switch to the previous profile pictures without losing likes and comments?
As we know, changing profile pictures to switch to an earlier one counts as a new profile picture and resets all your likes and comments. To preserve all that, we need to visit the most basic version of the Facebook website. If you have been an old user of Facebook since the 2010 era, you might be familiar with this version of Facebook. Let’s get started.
- Open any browser of your choice and type mbasic.facebook.com or click here- Facebook Basic.
- Log in to your account and click on Profile.
- Click on Photos.
- Here, you can see all the photos and albums you’ve uploaded on Facebook to date. Browse the one you are looking for; as we search for the previous profile picture, you’ll find it on Albums>Profile Pictures.
- Now tap on the photo you want to make your profile picture to view it.
- Once the picture loads, you’ll find the Make Profile Picture option just below the photo. Click on it.
- Now, you’ll have to select how long you want to keep this profile picture. There are four options- 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, and Never. Select Never to make the profile picture permanent.
It’s done. Your profile picture will be uploaded, and all the likes and comments on the photo will be preserved. And that, my friend, is how to remove frame on Facebook.
Must Read – How to find my Facebook URL?
It is unfortunate that Facebook no longer provides a simple way to remove frames from Facebook, and we have to settle for alternate methods, but that’s why we are here to help you. Feel free to let us know about all the troubles you face related to any social media or tech in general. Our comment section is always open for all queries and feedback. If you liked this article on how to remove frame on Facebook or if you find any trouble relating to it, do let us know in the comment section below.
- How to copy and paste on Facebook? [1-minute Easy Fix]
- How to find my Facebook URL/Link & Others Profile?
- How to Update Profile Picture on Facebook without losing likes?
- How to add Music to your Facebook Profile? [from Android, iOS and PC]
- How to delete check ins on Facebook? [9 easy steps]
- How To STOP Facebook from tracking you?