This article provides instructions on how to download Gmail profile picture.
Gmail is a free email service provided by Google with over 1.5 billion active users worldwide. It is one of the most popular, if not the most popular, email service providers out there. This is primarily because it’s compulsory to have a google account if you own an android phone. And the majority of the world owns an Android phone. Even people in the Apple ecosystem also have a Gmail account for its sheer convenience.
So if you have a Gmail account and want to download the profile picture associated with your account or if you want to download the profile picture of any Gmail user, this is the right page for you. In This article, we will discuss how to download Gmail profile picture of your own account as well as from other Gmail users.
A] How to download Gmail profile picture of your own account?
If you are an old Gmail user and want to retrieve the old profile picture you’ve set to your Gmail account for offline viewing. Here is what you need to do-
- Open Gmail and log into your Gmail account.
- Now click on your Profile Picture from the top right corner of the page.
- Now click on the camera icon located next to your profile picture.
- A new window will appear displaying your profile picture. In this window, click on the three-dot menu and select the option called Past profile pictures.
- You’ll be redirected to a new window with all your profile pictures located in an album. Open the album and click on the Three dot menu from the top right corner of the screen.
- Here you’ll get the option to Download album on your device for offline viewing.
To download your Gmail profile picture using your phone, follow the same steps using a mobile browser while opening the desktop site of Gmail. Here is a detailed article on how to open the desktop version of Gmail from your smartphone- When was my Google account created?
If you are using an Android phone or any device where your Gmail account is logged into a browser, there is an effortless way to download your Profile picture. Here is what you need to do–
- Open your preferred web browser.
- Now go to https://get.google.com/albumarchive or click here– AlbumArchive.
- Here you’ll find the same profile picture album page you’ve found in the earlier method. From this page, you can download the entire album.
B] How to download Gmail profile picture of other Gmail users?
If you’ve received an email from your friend or colleague and you want to download their Gmail profile picture, here is what you need to do-
From a PC-
- Open your preferred browser and log into your Gmail account.
- Now open the email received from your friend’s Gmail account.
- Right-click on the profile picture and select Open image in the new tab.
- A tiny thumbnail size profile picture will appear on the new tab. To enlarge the profile picture to a larger size, click on the address bar to edit the Image URL.
- In the URL, you will see something similar to =s40. Replace the number with a more significant number. For example, delete the number =s40 and replace it with =s1000, and hit enter. You’ll get an enlarged image of the profile picture. However, the quality will depend on the actual image size uploaded by the user.
- Now you can right-click on the enlarged profile picture and select Save image as to download the profile picture.
From your Phone-
The process of downloading the profile picture of a Gmail user from your Phone is no different than what you did on your PC. You have to open the desktop version of Gmail on your Phone and hold on to the profile picture to open it on a new tab. Now edit the URL and change the =s40 value to something significant like we did earlier. We have already provided a link to an article describing how to open the desktop version of Gmail on your Phone.
We hope you learned how to download Gmail profile picture of your own Gmail account and other Gmail users from this article. If you have any doubts or queries, please let us know using the comment section below.