Social media can be a boon or a curse for someone. Instagram, for example, is a viral social media with like 1 billion monthly active users. The app is simple to use and useful for sharing your memories with your friends or interacting with your favorite personality. But it can be very addicting, and with the recently launched TikTok-like short video sharing feature Reels, you would find yourself scrolling for hours and hours meaninglessly wasting your valuable and productive hours. Most of today’s generation is a victim of it. Temporary solutions like uninstalling the app or disabling the account won’t help much either because it’s very tempting to get back onto the app, which can be hard to resist.
On top of that, the amount of data Instagram collects raises a huge privacy concern for the said user. Whatever the reason may be, but since you are on this page right now, chances are you are done using Instagram and want to get rid of it permanently for good. This guide will exactly teach you how to delete Instagram account permanently.
How to delete Instagram account permanently?
Before deleting your Instagram account permanently, make sure you backup any important photos or videos you might want to keep. Once your account gets deleted, Instagram will delete any data related to that account. here is how you can do that-
How to download a copy of your data from Instagram?
- Step 1: Go to your Profile, tap on the three horizontal lines on the top, and tap Settings
- Step 2: From here, tap Security and then tap Download Data
- Step 3: Enter your email address in the box, and you’ll get a mail with the link to Request Download
- Step 4: Enter your password after opening the link, tap Next, and then tap Done.
- Step 5: You” now receive another email titled Your Instagram Data with a link to your data. Follow the link to download a copy of your Instagram data.
Now that you’ve secured your important data, let’s jump into actually getting rid of the time waster-
How to delete Instagram account permanently step by step guide:
- Step 1: There is a dedicated page for deleting your Instagram accounts. So at first, we need to visit that page. – https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/
- Step 2: Now, on this page, state the reason why you want to quit Instagram. There are nine options in the drop-down menu. Select the one appropriate to your reasoning. If you have several accounts and don’t want to delete the one you are logged in right now, click “Log Out” from the left-hand side panel and switch with the one you want to delete.
- Step 3: Now, Re-enter your password in the box below. Depending on the reason you choose, Instagram will try its best to provide you with solutions to stay with them. Since you’ve made up your mind already, don’t hesitate and click the Delete[your username] button.
That was it. It’s Done. Your account is permanently deleted with no way to recover any data from it. However, Instagram will take 30 more days to delete all your data completely.
So this wraps up our today’s article on how to delete Instagram account permanently. We congratulate you on taking this huge step. For whatever reason you’ve decided to leave Instagram, we hope it’s for your own good, and we wish you success on whatever you want to achieve. Do reply to us in the comment section if you have any doubts. SayGeeks team is here for your help. Meanwhile, read our other articles-