PDFs are everywhere! The Portable Document Format is so popular that every person who uses the computer came across it. There is one problem with PDF files if it’s password secured, then it cant be accessible easily and you need to enter the password every time. And if you forgot the password of it, then it will be a major problem. If you want to remove password from PDF file then this guide is for you. The article explains the easiest ways on how to remove password from PDF file.
How to remove password from PDF file?
We have explained the 3 easy ways to remove password from PDF file. These methods are tested and working well. However, some methods are not free.
- Using Chrome browser print feature.
- Using Adobe Acrobat
- Use Online Tools (Fewer chances)
Method 1 – How to remove password from PDF file using chrome browser on PC?
If you are looking for a free and fastest way to remove pdf passwords, then this is the method for you.
Please note that you must know the password for PDF file to open it, once it is opened, you can remove the password and save the PDF without password.
- Step1: First of all open a chrome browser on your PC and drag the password protected file that you want to remove password of.
- Step2: Enter the Password in the popup screen to open the PDF File.
- Step3: Now press Ctrl+P to print the file. Or go to the menu and click on the ‘Print’ option.
- Step4: From the left side of Print Preview panel, select “Print As” option by selecting from a drop-down menu.
- Step5: Once you click on Print, a new file will be saved with your desired location.
- Step6: This file is now doesn’t have a password and you can open it without any password prompt.
That’s the easy way right? Well, if you don’t use the Google Chrome browser, you can do this with Microsoft Edge browser with nearly similar steps that are mentioned above.
Method 2 – How to remove password from PDF file using Adobe Acrobat?
Well, this is a straightforward method to remove password from pdf file.
Please note that Adobe Acrobat software is not our usual pdf reader and it's not free. Although, you can get 7 days free trial and remove passwords of your pdf files in that period.
- Step1: First of all download the Abode acrobat reader and open your desired file that you want to remove password from. – https://www.adobe.com/in/acrobat.html
- Step2: Enter the password to open the PDF file.
- Step3: Go to File –> Properties and click the ‘Security‘ tab.
- Step4: Now, open the drop-down menu of ‘Security’ method and select ‘No password‘.
- Step5: Now Click on File –> Save. A pop-up prompt with confirmation to remove pdf password shows on the screen. Click on the Yes button to save a file without a password.
Method3 – How to remove pdf password using online tools?
This is a simple method. There are lots of files that provide free password removal services online.
- Step1: Just go to any free website and upload your password protected file there. For instance, ilovepdf.com is an amazing site to unlock pad files.
- Step2: Once the file is uploaded, the site processes this file and removes the password.
- Step3: Once done, download your password removed file.
Be aware that follow this method only if you trust the online tools. Many tools claim to serve a purpose but can steal your data as you upload them to your server. Better aware and don’t upload your sensitive pdf files on untrusted sites.
How to remove password from PDF file on Android?
On an Android smartphone, you can also remove password from PDF file using Print feature.
- Step1: Open the PDF file on your Android smartphone.
- Step2: Enter the password to open the PDF.
- Step3: Then press ‘Share’ icon from the menu. Based on your pdf reader app, the option may have a different position and name.
- Step4: Now, select the ‘Print’ option from the list of sharable items.
- Step5: On the print page, click on ‘Save as PDF‘ option.
- Step6: Then, tap on Print icon at the bottom.
- Step7: The file will be saved to your phone without any password.