This article provides instructions on how to change Instagram password without old password.
We human beings are accustomed to forgetting our account passwords pretty often. But Instagram has a different problem altogether. As we all know, Instagram and Facebook are both owned by Meta. So if you no longer have access to your Facebook account, it becomes increasingly difficult to get into Instagram on its own. Especially since you no longer remember any older passwords. And for some strange reasons, the Facebook password doesn’t work if you try to log in to Instagram without the Facebook app.
So this article will discuss how to change Instagram password without old Password and changing your Instagram password in general.
How to change Instagram password without old password?
You can use your PC or any smartphone to reset your Instagram password. We will discuss them one by one below-
A] From your smartphone :
Resetting your Instagram password from your smartphone is relatively easy. All you need to do is-
- Open Instagram on your phone and select Get help with logging in.
- Now enter the email associated with your Instagram account and hit Next to find your ID.
- Now, Select Send an Email or Send an SMS message to get the Password reset link.
- Check your email to find the reset link and click on Reset your Password. It will redirect you to a browser window.
- Now enter a new password for your Instagram account. Make sure to use special characters, numbers, lowercase, and upper case characters to make a strong password.
- Now hit Reset Password, and you have your new Password ready, using which you can now log into your account.
B] From your PC:
- Open your preferred browser and visit the Instagram page.
- Now click on Forgot Password?
- Now enter your email address associated with your Instagram ID and click Send Login Link. Confirm the ReCaptcha challenge if asked.
- You’ll receive an email with a password reset link on it. Please find it and click Reset Password.
- Now enter your new password using the same method mentioned earlier and click Reset Password.
Now your account is ready with a new password to re-login.
How to Change Instagram Password to a new one?
It is always advisable to change your account password at least every three months to be safe. So if you ever want to change the Password of your account, here is a step by step process of how to do that-
A] How to change Instagram Password from your Smartphone?
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone and go to your Profile.
- Now tap on the hamburger menu to open a popup menu and select Settings from it.
- Now select Security.
- Now go to Password.
- Enter your new password followed by the old one, and hit the checkmark from the top right of the screen.
That’s it. You’ve successfully changed your Password.
B] How to Change Instagram Password from your PC:
- Open your preferred browser and visit Instagram.
- Log into your account and click on your profile picture at the top right corner of the browser window.
- Now click on Profile to visit your profile page.
- Click on the gear icon next to the Edit Profile button from this screen.
- Now select Change Password.
- Enter the new Password followed by your previous Password and click Change password.
So we’ve learned how to change Instagram password without old Password, and we’ve also discussed how to change your Password from time to time. A word of advice from us is that you should keep a record of all your important passwords in a notebook and keep it safe for future reference. If you ever forget your passwords again, this notebook will come in handy. If you have any other queries related to Instagram or tech-related, let us know in the comment section below.
- "Why can't I save Audio on Instagram Reels? [In just 1 minute]
- How to see someone's Instagram activity? [Find all 6 activities easily]
- How to add Music to Instagram post?
- How to Delete Multiple Followers on Instagram? [2 Easy methods]
- What does it mean when it says Instagram User? [Find in 1 minute]
- How to see who shared your Instagram post?
- How to fix couldn't refresh feed on Instagram? [5 Quick Fixes]