Have you installed a fresh windows 10 on your laptop? If yes, then you must know what drivers to install after installing windows 10. In this guide, we will know the list of essential drivers you must install for the proper functionality of windows 10 on your laptop. We will also know from where and how to install these drivers for your laptop/computer.
What drivers to install after installing windows 10?
List of essential drivers to install in windows 10 –
- Intel Chipset drivers
- Intel Graphics drivers/Nvidia Graphics drivers/or your graphics model drivers
- Trackpad/Touchpad drivers
- Bluetooth drivers
- Fingerprint sensor Driver
- Wifi Driver(Wireless Driver)
- USB card reader driver
These drivers are essential to get full functionality with your laptop on windows 10.
we will now see how to get these drivers –
How to download Laptop drivers for free?
Laptop drivers are available for free on the company’s website. By entering the laptop model number, you can easily download the latest drivers for free.
Here are some popular brand website links to get the essential drivers –
- Asus – https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/
- Acer – https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
- HP – https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers
- Dell – https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us?app=drivers
- Lenovo – https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en
- MSI – https://us.msi.com/support/download/
How to install latest drivers on your laptop?
Once you download the required drivers on your computer, you can then install them one by one –
- Extract the zip file of the downloaded driver.
- Locate the executable file to start the installation.
- Accept the installation request and complete the process.
- Once the driver is installed, restart your computer and then only install the next driver.
That’s it; this is how you can properly install all the drivers on your computer.
Now that you have installed fresh windows 10 on your laptop, you must also know what you should do after installing windows 10. Let’s see them –
What things you should do after installing windows 10?
- Turn off windows update
- Turn ON dark mode
- Disable unnecessary startup items
- Turn off auto apps update in Microsoft store
- Turn on Night Light
You can read the detailed list here – First things to do after installing windows 10
Hope you now know what drivers to install after installing windows 10, how to download and install windows drivers. Once the all things are settled, you can now read How to make windows 10 faster and How to boot windows 10 in less time. If you have any doubts/queries, let us know in the comment section below.
- How to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home without losing data? [In 30 minutes]
- How to downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 without losing data? [within 30 minutes]
- How to make Windows 10 bootable USB for FREE?[ 2 Easy Methods]
- How to repair windows 10 without CD or USB? [4 Easy Methods]
- How to download Genuine Windows 10 setup
- How to create "USB recovery drive" for Windows 10 and reinstall windows