Since there is a Groups feature on Facebook, you may be a part of many groups. Different types of groups are being formed, and you may be added to these unknowingly. May time-pass groups, jokes groups, Memes groups are filled with the user’s Facebook wall, and one may get annoyed with such groups. Sometimes, you may be added by someone who knows, and if you leave the group, that someone might feel bad or feel awkward to leave the group.
The only solution to get rid of such unnecessary groups and clean your Facebook wall, that too without leaving the group, is to unfollow group on Facebook. In this article, we will learn how to unfollow group on Facebook on your smartphone and computer in step-by-step instructions.
Unfollow Vs. Leave the group – which one is better?
You will better know when to leave the group and when to unfollow by reading this –
1] Leave the group – Once you leave the group, you may not view the content in the group may not react to the posts videos. Basically, you lose the membership of the group.
2] Unfollow the group – While on the other side if you unfollow the group, you will not receive any notifications related to this group if you don’t engage. Also, you will not see any posts on your wall.
So, which is better?
In my opinion, Unfollowing the group is a better idea. You can still get access to all group posts by manually visiting the group while not getting distracted by seeing random posts on your wall. You can also keep your relationship intact with the person you added by. (that’s the bonus point????)
Also Read – How to delete cover photo on Facebook?
A] How to Unfollow Group on Facebook on Android App?
- Open Facebook App on your Android Smartphone.
- Click on the Search icon and type the name you want to unfollow.
- Once the group is loaded, tap on the three-dot menu at the top right corner.
- Now, you can tap on ‘Unfollow Group‘ option from the menu.
- Then confirm your selection to unfollow the group.
Also Read – How to see your blocked list on Facebook?
B] How to unfollow group on Facebook on Computer/Windows PC?
- Open the Facebook website on your computer’s browser – facebook.com
- Open the group that you want to unfollow.
- Now, click on the ‘Joined’ option from the page, and from the drop-down menu, click on the ‘Unfollow’ option.
- Confirm your selection, and you are now unfollowed from the group.
C] How to unfollow group on Facebook on iPhone?
- Open Facebook App on your iPhone.
- Then open the group that you want to unfollow.
- Now, tap on the joined option and then select the ‘Unfollow’ option.
Also Read – How to find my Facebook URL?
How to unfollow a friend?
Want to get rid of people sharing unnecessary posts that are appearing on your wall? You can unfollow them instead of unfriending them. Follow these steps –
- Open Facebook on your smartphone or computer.
- Search the friend’s name and open its profile.
- Now, click on the Friends option and select the ‘Unfollow’ option.
Done, You are now unfollowing that annoying person.
You can easily unfollow group on Facebook and get rid of unnecessary group notifications and wall posts. You can do it on your android phone, computer, and iPhone devices easily by following this guide. If you have any doubt regarding the information provided in this article about how to unfollow group on Facebook, write to us in the comment section below.