What is Active Status, and how does it work?
Much like any other social media Instagram also shows you online if you are currently using the app. It’s similar to Whatsapp. It also shows the time you were last online, but instead of the exact time, it shows the minutes or hours you were online. For example- 5 minutes ago, 1 hour ago, 2 hours ago, etc. We’ve attached a screenshot for your reference below-
How to turn off active status on Instagram?
Having the ability to turn off your active status on Instagram is a great privacy feature, and it’s not that complicated to achieve either. Let’s find out how to turn off active status on Instagram in this step by step guide below-
- Step 1: Log in to your Instagram on your Instagram app and Go to your Profile.
- Step 2: Tap on the hamburger menu on the top right corner and select Settings.
- Step 3: Now, go to Privacy.
- Step 4: Now scroll down to find Activity Status.
- Step 5: Now toggle Show Activity Status Off.
That’s it. People will no longer be able to see your last seen status or your Active status from now on. We hope this guide on how to turn off active status on Instagram helped you. If it did, please check out similar topics from our Instagram section, and if you have any feedback or questions about anything related to tech, feel free to drop them in the comment section below. Meanwhile, we’ve listed some interesting topics for further reading-