Snapchat is one of the widely used social networks in the world. Users like to use Snapchat and get addicted to it because of its crazy functions. You can share snaps, emojis and chat with your friends on Snapchat. But, by default Snapchat’s chat history gets deleted. So, in this post, I am going to share how to see Snapchat conversation history.
Snapchat’s chat is deleted when the other person sees the message or after 24 hours; it depends on the settings that you have done. It is only saved when you save the message. Saving a message gives notification to other people.
There is another way you can see conversation history is by taking screenshots of the chats and by preserving those screenshots. But Snapchat also gives notifications to the next person you are chatting with. So, if you don’t want to let the next person know, then you need another way.
If you don’t open a message in Snapchat within 30 days, then the message will be automatically erased after 30 days. Normally, you can set the message delete period either instantly after viewing the message or after 24 hours.
There are many ways you can view your conversation history on Snapchat. Some are official, and you have to use third-party tools in some cases. Both the ways are safe. If you want to know how to see Snapchat conversation history, then you have to follow any of them.
How to see Snapchat conversation history? – Three Easy methods
There are a few methods through which you can easily see conversation history as you need –
- By downloading Snapchat data
- See from saved messages
- Through third party tool
We will see each method in detail –
A] How to see Snapchat conversation history by downloading your Snapchat data –
- STEP1: First of all, open your Snapchat app.
- STEP2: Go to your profile by clicking on your bitmoji, located in the top left corner.
- STEP3: Now click on Settings.
- STEP4: Scroll down and click on My Data.
- STEP5: For security reasons, you have to log in to your Snapchat account. Enter your username and password and log in to your account.
- STEP6: Now click on Submit Request.
- STEP7: After that, a new page will appear saying We received your request.
- STEP8: You will receive an email from Snapchat.
- STEP9: Open the mail; a blue text containing a link with the text click here, click on that.
- STEP10: Now, it will again ask you to log in to your account. Enter your details and log in to your account.
- STEP11: A new screen will be opened, showing your data is ready. Now click on the mydata~numbers.zip
- STEP12: The zip file will be downloaded. Unzip the zip file in your folder.
- STEP13: Click on HTML folder.
- STEP14: Then, choose HTML and look at your saved chats.
In this method, you can download your data from Snapchat and read your conversion history. This will only display saved text messages, not saved media. All of your saved messages will be shown in this folder. Now, let’s see how you can save a message on Snapchat.
B] See Snapchat conversation history through saved messages –
You can also save messages on Snapchat. The saved messages will be highlighted in grey, and saved messages are never get deleted. But, this has a problem; when you save a message, the next person will also know what you have saved.
- STEP1: First of all, open Snapchat.
- STEP2: Go to chats.
- STEP3: Open chats of the desired person.
- STEP4: Tap on any message that you want to save.
- STEP5: Now click on Save in chat.
The message will be saved and will not be deleted from the chatbox. The saved message is highlighted in grey color. I am mentioning again that if you save a message, the other people will also get to know that you have saved a message.
These are the official way of how to see Snapchat conversation history. There is another process to know the same; you just need third-party tools. There are many tools available in the market. I am going to use the Dumpster app for this. You can also use any other app.
C] How to see Snapchat conversation history through Third-party tool Dumpster app –
The dumpster app is available on the Play store. It works as a recycle bin for your device. It helps you to recover deleted media files. There is no need to root or make any changes to your device. But you cannot recover old messages with this app. You need to have pre-installed this app in order to recover any Snapchat photos or videos.
- STEP1: First of all, install the Dumpster app on your android device.
- STEP2: Then open any Snapchat photos or videos.
- STEP3: Activate the dumpster app, and you will find Snapchat photos or videos there.
How to read Snapchat messages without letting other people know?
In Snapchat, if you see someone’s message, then you will get to know. But there is a trick you can check messages without letting others know. First of all, turn on flight mode on your device. Then open Snapchat and read the message of the desired person. After you have read the message, then close the Snapchat app. But do not turn off flight mode. Go to your phone settings, then go to apps, now search for Snapchat there, click on Snapchat and click on storage, clear cache of Snapchat. Now turn off the flight mode. In this way, you can read messages on Snapchat without letting the next person know.
How to take Screenshot in Snapchat without letting the other person know?
When you take a screenshot of a conversation on Snapchat, the person with whom you are chatting gets a notification. But there is a way you can get rid of this. You can screen record your mobile screen, scroll down the notification bar and click on screen recorder. This way, you can record any conversation on Snapchat, but the next person will not know.
Millions of people use Snapchat. It becomes useful for its privacy features. Sometimes, you need to see the messages that have been erased. In this post, I have guided you through the complete process of how to see Snapchat conversation history. I hope you have liked reading this post. Please share this with your friends to help them with the same. Thank you.