This article provides instructions on how to make a group chat on Instagram.
Instagram DM is an excellent way to connect with your friends and family and efficiently run your business. But unlike exclusive messaging platforms like WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. Creating a group chat on Instagram is a bit tricky. Not that it’s difficult, but the option is hidden, and a group chat only consists of 32 people. So in this article, let’s find out how to make a group chat on Instagram with some straightforward steps.
How to make a group chat on Instagram?
Before we begin, please note that once the group is created, please send a text immediately; otherwise, the group will disappear, and you have to redo the steps from scratch. So let’s start-
- Step 1: Open your Instagram and go to your Instagram DM using the messenger icon from the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Now click on the Pencil icon at the top right corner.
- Step 3: Here, you’ll find the list of chats you already have on your DM. Browse and select the ones you want to create the group with. If you don’t find a name on the chat, please use the search option to find the user.
- Step 4: Hit the Chat button from the top right corner once the selection completes.
- Step 5: Now send any message to create the group and keep it on the chat.
- Step 6: Now go back to your DM, and you’ll find the chat group. Open the group, and you’ll have the option to name the group. Name it as you like and tap the checkmark on the keyboard to complete the renaming process, and the group creation process is complete. ( This is an optional step)
Customizing an existing Instagram group.
Once you create a group, you’ll have the option to customize it by going into the group settings. Here you can also add and remove members from the group chat. Let’s learn some of the customizable options below-
Adding and removing members.
You can add or remove members.
- Open the group chat and tap on the info button located at the top right corner.
- Here scroll down to find the option called Add People. Select members from the list or search for them using the search button.
- Once you complete selecting the members, hit Done from the top right corner to complete adding people.
- Similarly, to remove a group member, scroll down to find the member you want to remove and tap on the three-dot menu next to that member’s name.
- From the pop-up menu, select Remove User to remove the user from the group. There are a bunch of other options here on the list. You can provide the user with administrative rights, Restrict the user or Block them using the same menu.
Other Customization options.
Using the same info page, you can-
- Change the picture of a group.
- Mute messages, Mentions, and call notifications.
- You can also turn on Approvals to join a group. Turning it on will require a user to request to join the group. They can only join the group once you approve their request.
- You can use different themes for your group using the Theme option. There are tons of exciting themes to choose from. Changing a theme will change the background of the group chat, Change the color of chat bubbles, and many more exciting changes.
So this answers your question about how to make a group chat on Instagram. We hope we have provided enough insights to familiarize you with how an Instagram group works. If you have any other queries or doubts, let us know in the comment section below.
- "Why can't I save Audio on Instagram Reels?" [In just 1 minute]
- How to see someone's Instagram activity? [Find all 6 activities easily]
- How to add Music to Instagram post?
- How to Delete Multiple Followers on Instagram? [2 Easy methods]
- What does it mean when it says Instagram User? [Find in 1 minute]
- How to see who shared your Instagram post?
- How to fix couldn't refresh feed on Instagram? [5 Quick Fixes]