Facebook is probably one of the most notorious social media platforms out there. It got into many controversies in the past. Despite its bad reputation, we can’t deny the fact that Facebook is huge. Over a billion users use Facebook regularly, and it’s one of the most popular social media platforms to date with tons of valuable features. One of such useful features of Facebook is that it provides a way to document your travel history. You can manage a record of places you’ve visited in the past. The feature is called Check-ins.
Facebook check-ins are a great way to update your friends and family regarding your travels or when you visit a new place. It is turned on by default, and you can assign the location of the site you’ve visited along with your posts. It also appears on your account information as a list of places you’ve visited. However, if you are one of the persons who like to keep your locations private, you can opt-out of check-ins. And you have the option to remove previous check-ins if you want to. That is what we are discussing today on this topic of How to delete check ins on Facebook.
Also Read: How To STOP Facebook from tracking you?
How to delete check ins on facebook?
As easy as adding your location on your Facebook posts removing check-ins also is easy. We just need to follow some simple steps. Below is the step by step guide on How to delete check ins on Facebook-
- Step 1: Log in to your Facebook account on the web or in the Facebook App.
- Step 2: Tap on the hamburger menu icon from the top right corner of the app.
- Step 3: Tap on your name located at the very top, and it will take you to your profile.
- Step 4: Scroll down to find the post you are about to remove check-ins.
- Step 5: On the top right of the post, you’ll find a three-dot menu. Tap on it, and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Step 6: Tap on Edit post from the drop-down menu.
- Step 7: Now, tap on the red location icon located at the bottom of the edit page or simply click on the location on the post.
- Step 8: Now, you’ll find the location name with a cross mark located along with it. Clicking on it will remove the location and take you back to the edit page.
- Step 9: Now click on Save to save your edit, and this will remove your Check-in.
That’s all there is on how to delete check ins on Facebook. If you have any questions regarding Instagram, Facebook, any other social media platform, or tech in general, do let us know in the comment section below. You can also browse our Instagram section for more insight regarding the social media platform. Meanwhile, we’ve attached some of the other interesting articles below. Do give them a read if you have enough time or you found something interesting.