This article provides instructions on how to add location in Instagram bio with five easy-to-understand steps.
Instagram is an excellent tool to promote your business. Over the years, Instagram has led small businesses to reach tremendous heights with its vast userbase. So it would certainly help if you could pin your business location on your Instagram profile so that people can find your place quickly. This article will help you achieve precisely that. Here is how to add location in Instagram bio-
How to add location in Instagram bio?
Unfortunately, adding a location in your Instagram bio is only possible using a business account. Personal and creator accounts don’t have that option. If you are a business, it is advisable to use a business account anyways, but if you don’t want to switch to a business account, we will try to provide an alternative at the end of this article. But first, let’s get the official solution.
Since you need a business account to add location in your bio, Here’s a summary of how to change your personal or creator account to an Instagram business account-
- Open Instagram on your smartphone and go to your Profile. Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner, and tap on Settings from the bottom.
- From the settings panel, tap on Accounts and scroll all the way to the bottom to find the Switch Account Type option and tap on it.
- Now, you’ll find the option to switch to a Business Account.
Also, if you need any further assistance, here is an article where we described the process in detail-
Now that you’ve switched to a business account let’s start with the actual process-
- Step 1: Open the Instagram app from your smartphone and go to your Profile.
- Step 2: Now tap on the Edit Profile button.
- Step 3: Now go to Contact Options.
- Step 4: On this page toggle on Display contact info and after that open Business address.
- Step 5: Now, put your address in detail, and select your town/city. At last, enter the Postal code of your area and hit the checkmark on the top right corner of the screen. You can also Remove your address using this same page.
That’s it; you’ve now successfully added your location to your Instagram bio.
How to add location in Instagram bio without switching to a business account?
If, in any case, you don’t want to go through all the hassle of switching to a business account, here is an alternative way to add your location in your bio. It is also equally effective.
- Open the Instagram app from your smartphone and go to your Profile.
- Now tap on the Edit Profile button.
- In the bio section, write down your location details. Like your street, town and postal code, etc. After carefully putting down all the detail hit the checkmark located at the top right of the screen to complete the process. It will show in your profile so that anyone can read it.
We hope these two methods help you understand How to add location in Instagram bio correctly. If you need further assistance, let us know in the comment section below.
- "Why can't I save Audio on Instagram Reels?" [In just 1 minute]
- How to see someone's Instagram activity? [Find all 6 activities easily]
- How to add Music to Instagram post?
- How to Delete Multiple Followers on Instagram? [2 Easy methods]
- What does it mean when it says Instagram User? [Find in 1 minute]
- How to see who shared your Instagram post?
- How to fix couldn't refresh feed on Instagram? [5 Quick Fixes]