Amazon Firestick makes your non-smart tv to smart tv with just HDMI Port. Although Firestick is built with the custom OS based on Android, you can pretty much install every app which is compatible with Android TV OS. FireTV has its own App store, through which you can install all popular apps and enjoy them on your TV. YouTube TV is also available to FireTV and gives all its content for free. In some cases, YouTube TV comes pre-installed with your new Firestick.
Sometimes, due to unknown reasons, Youtube TV stops working on FIrestick and force-stop or simply won’t open at all. If you are facing the same problem, this guide is for you. In this article, we will see the possible reason why Youtube TV not working on Firestick and how to solve the issue. We have given easy fixes and step-by-step instructions for each method.
- Does YouTube TV compatible with Amazon Firestick?
- Why Youtube TV not working on Firestick?
Does YouTube TV compatible with Amazon Firestick?
Google has made Youtube compatible with All latest and recent Amazon Firestick devices. Youtube Videos, Youtube Music, Youtube Kids, etc., are available on the Amazon App Store in your Firestick.
You can enjoy free video streaming, Music Playing and Kids video streaming using Youtube TV on your Firestick.
Why Youtube TV not working on Firestick?
There are many reasons why Youtube tv might stop working or force close on Firestick. Some common issues might be a TV stick compatibility issue, Youtube TV App older version, Unwanted Cache files stored on firetv, RAM/storage issue on Firestick.
We will see possible fixes and try to solve why youtube tv not working on Firestick.
Method 1 – Clear App data
You can clear the app data and cache from the app settings to clear the clutters in the app.
To clear the Youtube TV data –
- Open Settings.
- Select ‘Applications’ from the options shown on the screen.
- then select the ‘Manage Installed Applications‘ option.
- Find the Youtube app from the list and select it.
- Then select the ‘Clear App Data and Cache‘ only by one and clear them.
Open the Youtube app to see if the issue is resolved. If the app is still not running normally, you can head to the following method.
Method 2 – Clear Firestick Storage and force stop apps to clear RAM
One of the reasons why Youtube TV not working on Firestick is not enough space or RAM to run the app. If the storage is almost full, you need to delete some unwanted apps delete files to free some storage. Also, stop the background running apps to gree the RAM.
Method 3 – Restart Firestick
Sometimes bad network configuration or boot might stop apps working on Firestick. You can fix the issue by restarting the Firestick.
To restart Firestick –
- Open settings and the ‘My Fire TV‘ option from the settings.
- Then, select the ‘Restart‘ option from the list.
- Confirm that you want to restart the TV by selecting the OK button.
- Now, remove the power cable from the Firestick and wait for 5 minutes.
- After five minutes, connect the power cable to the Firestick and press the Power button on the remote to turn it ON.
- Wait till the device gets connected to the internet and then open the Youtube TV app.
Youtube TV can now work as expected. If the app is still not working correctly, please read the following method to fix the issue.
Method 4 – Update Youtube TV App
You can update the App and fix the issue of not working on the Firestick.
To Update the App –
- From your remote focus on to Youtube App from the homepage.
- Press the Menu button from the remote.
- Then select the ‘Update’ option.
- Update the app and then open it.
That’s it; you can now run the app as expected. If the issue persists, go to the next solution.
Method 5 – Re-Install the Youtube TV app
The app might have been filled with unwanted cache files, and Firestick could not launch it. You can install the Youtube TV App on your Firestick and install the latest version from the app store.
To uninstall the app from Firestick –
- Open ‘Settings‘ from the Firestick by using the remote.
- Select the ‘Applications‘ option from the menu.
- Then select ‘Manage Installed Apps‘ from the options displayed on the screen.
- Now, select the Youtube TV app from the list.
- Select ‘Uninstall’ to remove the app from the Firestick.
Install Youtube on Firestick –
- Open Settings and select Applications.
- Then select ‘App store‘ from the options.
- Now, in the app store, search for the Youtube app and select Install App.
- Once the app is installed, open the app and see if the youtube app is opening normally.
If you are still facing the issue and couldn’t solve why youtube tv not working on firestick, read the next solution.
Also Read – How to cancel Youtube Premium free trial?
Method 6 – Reset FireTV Stick
Sometimes Firestick OS gets laggy and unresponsive. You can reset it to fix Youtube TV not working on Firestick.
Please note that, after you reset the Firestick, all your installed apps and stored files get erased from the Firestick. Also, you have to install all the essential apps again and set them up by logging in with login details if applicable.
To reset FIrestick –
- Open firestick Settings from the screen.
- Select ‘My Fire TV‘ from the options shown on the screen.
- Then select the ‘Reset to Factory Defaults‘ option.
- Confirm your selection to start the reset process.
- Wait till reset is completed, and once the fire tv restarts, log in with your Amazon account login details.
- You can then install the Youtube TV app and log in with your account details.
By the time of last of the method, I am sure you have fixed the problem. If you have still not found the solution to the problem of why YouTube TV not working on Firestick, you can write to us in the comment section below; we will definitely try to solve it.