Screen recording in Android devices has become a crucial part of our daily life. In today’s virtual world, where everything has become online, keeping records is not like it was a few years back. Now, everyone needs to record their screen while attending online seminars or while attending any important seminars or meetings.
In recent times, the mobile gaming community has also Gained significant popularity. Many of them stream their gaming videos online or uploads their recorded gaming clips online. This is what we are going to discuss today in our article on How to record screen on android without App.
You can easily record your screen using any 3rd party apps available on Playstore. But, there are some drawbacks to using such third-party apps. Like:
- Most of them are premium apps that need a subscription fee to use all their features.
- Watermark issues.
- Possibility of breach of security.
- Huge battery consumption and RAM consumption.
Though, not all android devices support in-built screen recording features, many of them do. In this article, we have discussed all the popular devices that will allow you to use their in-built screen recording features.
How to record screen on Android without App?
Many smartphone bands provide a built-in feature to record the screen. We will discuss methods to record screen on android without app on these android devices. If your phone doesn’t come with a preloaded screen recorder, then you can use an alternate method which we have discussed at end of this article which can be used in almost every android smartphone.
1. How to record screen on Android without App – SAMSUNG One-UI OS
First of all, let’s start with one of the top smartphone manufacturing companies SAMSUNG. Though not all smartphones manufactured by Samsung that are available in markets support this feature, if you are using any latest Samsung device that has Android 10 or above, then you are all set to go with your built-in screen recorder.
Advantages of built-in screen recorder in Samsung:
- Doesn’t need the installation of any 3rd party App.
- You can record Internal Sound as well as External Sound during screen recording.
- You can select Screen resolution 720P, 1080P, etc.
- Easy to use.
- Saves your RAM.
- No watermarks.
Method 1 of record screen on Android without App on Samsung
The Screen Recording feature in Samsung comes inbuilt. With just one tap you can record any screen on your Samsung device.
- Step1: First, you have to add Screen Record quick toggle icon in the quick settings. It’s very simple, just open the quick setting and tap on the three-dot menu icon.
- Step2: Then select “Edit Buttons” and then find the “Screen Recorder” option.
- Step3: Drag the icon to the Quick toggle area and tap Done to save.
- Step4: Then open “Quick Settings” from the screen that you want to record.
- Step5: You can now tap on the “Screen Recorder” icon to start the recording.
Method 2 of record screen on Android without App on Samsung
Another way to record the screen on a Samsung phone is by using the “Game Mode” feature. You can enable game mode from the “Advanced feature” option on the settings.
After activating your game launcher run a game application, swipe up from the bottom of your phone, and click on the icon to start screen recording.
2. How to Record screen on Android without App – XIAOMI / Mi / POCO
Xiaomi, One of the leading smartphone manufacturers also provides a built-in screen recorder on their devices.
How to use Xiaomi/Mi/Poco Screen recording feature?
- Step1: Go to the screen where you want to record.
- Step2: Open the Quick pane and tap on the”‘Screen Record” icon.
- Step3: The recording will start after the countdown.
The Xiaomi/Mi/Poco screen recorder also comes with several cool and useful features like:
- Controlling resolution.
- Adjusting video quality.
- Changing orientations of video from landscape to portrait and portrait to landscape.
- Switching sound source. And
- Frame rate controller.
Your screen will be recorded and saved in the phone’s internal storage. To stop it you can click on the timer on your screen or just simply press the power button to lock your screen, the recording will stop and be saved in your device’s internal storage that can be accessed through the gallery.
3. How to record screen on android without App – VIVO?
VIVO, another respective smartphone brand also has a built-in screen recording feature. Though you will get the feature in most of the latest VIVO phones you may not find it in devices with Funtouch OS 2.5 or lower.
Following are the steps to enable your VIVO device’s in-built screen recorder:
- Step 1. Slide up the Control Center from the bottom of the screen.
- Step 2. Among all the options present, select S-capture.
- Step 3. Now click on the screen record option to start recording and you are all set to go.
Sometimes there is a problem bringing up the Control center, on such cases, check the Bring it up on an app interface is turned on or not, if not just turn it on.
To turn off screen recording just click on the stopwatch icon on your screen, the recording will stop and will be saved in your gallery automatically.
If you want to record sound with your video just go to settings> select Screenshot (Super capture) and turn on Record Voice.
4. How to record screen on android without App – OPPO
After talking about all other brands in our today’s article on how to record screen on android without App, we will talk about the built-in screen recording app in another popular smartphone brand OPPO. To enable the built-in feature in your oppo smartphone having ColourOS 5.0 or above devices, follow the following steps:
- Step1: Open Control Center by swiping from the top of the screen.
- Step2: Then click on Start Screen Recording3 and your screen recording starts.
- Step3: To stop the screen recorder just tap Stop Screen Recording from the control center or just tap on the stop button on your screen.
Following are some extra features for in-built screen recording features in OPPO devices:
- Adjust Video resolution.
- Record with touchpoints.
- Record screen with the front camera turned on.
Following are some limitations for in-built screen recording features in OPPO devices:
- Each screen recording has a time limit of a maximum of 30 minutes.
- The sound through screen recording can’t be recorded when another channel or application is using the microphone. That is why you will not find the sound from a screen recording during a video call. You can only use the voice and recording from your microphone one channel or application at a time.
The recorded video will be saved in your gallery and you can also edit the video from there.
5. How to record screen on Android without App but using ADB Method (Moto, Asus, Pixel, Android One phones, and all android phones)?
In this last part of our Article on how to record screen on android without App, we will talk about the ADB (Android Debug Breach) method of screen recording in Android devices. In this method, Shell enables a subset of new tools within ADB, and in a manner of speaking, provides access to the command line controls of your actual device. It may sound a bit complex to you but actually, it is a very simple way to record your screen, all you need is a computer and a USB cable to connect your device with.
Following are the steps to record your screen via ADB:
- Step1: Enable Developer Options on your smartphone => Settings => About Phone => Tap 7 times on Build number.
- Step2: Then go to developer options from the settings and enable the “Android Debugging” option.
- Step3: Connect your Android device with your computer with a USB data cable.
- Step4: Start your Command/terminal window – Right-click on the start menu and select “Command Prompt(Admin)” and allow the admin permission by clicking on yes.
- Step5: On your phone, you will receive one adb request. That you have to allow.
- Step6: Now on the command prompt, enter the following command in your command /terminal windows and hit enter, this will show you if your Android device is properly connected or not.
- Step7: Once the device is detected, enter –
- Step8: Then enter- screen record /sdcard/video.mp4 and press enter.
screen record /sdcard/video.mp4
- Step 9: Screen recording is now started. If you want to stop the recording, press “Ctrl+C” on the command prompt window.
The recorded file will be saved in your Android device and will be located where specified in the command/Terminal window, in your case, /SD-Card/ if you have entered the exact texts mentioned in the steps above. You can also specify a new storage location on your device, and a new file name as well, but do not run the command again right away, as it may overwrite your previous video.mp4 file.
Limitations of using ADB method for screen recording on Android :
- The ADB only records video and not audio.
- The recording can only be 3 minutes long.
- Screen rotation is not supported while recording your screen.
In our today’s article, we have discussed how to record screen on android without Ap. We have discussed all the possible ways to record the screen of different smartphone brands supporting screen recording without using any 3rd party app. Many of you may find it useful, but those who are left out can use any popular app from the Play Store to record their phone’s screen.
READ NEXT: How to backup specific folder in windows 10