The smart TVs come with the Bluetooth remote, which has all basic functionalities like scrolling through apps, increasing volume, and directly opening popular apps like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, etc. These smart TV remotes come with the TV and are available separately to buy if you lose it or the remote stops working. Some TV providers do not sell remotes, and you may need to find another compatible remote.
In this case, you may think TV cannot be used without a remote, and you need to find another way for entertainment. But, from today, you will not need a remote at all because you can operate MI TV without remote. Smart TVs running on Android Operating Systems can be controlled without a remote.
In this article, we will see how to operate Mi TV without remote and what are the best free apps for Mi TV.
- Fix your nonworking Remote –
- How to operate Mi TV without remote?
Fix your nonworking Remote –
Before you learn how to operate Mi Tv without a remote, you must fix the nonworking remote if you think the remote is not working but not broken.
- Check if batteries are working – Replace the batteries with a new one and check if the remote works.
- Check pairing of remote with TV – Sometimes remote gests reset due to unnoticed button presses and may unpair from the TV. You will need to pair the remote again with your MI TV. Here is a guide on how to pair the remote with Mi TV explained in easy steps.
- Check for Battery connection – Check if batteries are inserted in the wrong direction. Sometimes, we drop the remote, and the battery pop out; in a hurry, we may insert the battery in the wrong direction.
Did you lose the remote? – Try to find it under the pillow of your bed, in the kitchen, or in many odd places you haven’t thought of. Some people found their TV remote in their fridge.😁
If the remote is broken, try to assemble it and check if it still works. If there is any broken circuit or cut wire, you may need to find a replacement remote. While you wait for the new remote to arrive, you can use your phone as a remote.
We will now see the methods in detail.
How to operate Mi TV without remote?
There are many methods available to use your phone as a remote for your MI TV. We will see the apps that are free to use and do not require any configuration.
A] Use Android TV App to operate Mi TV without remote
Android TV App is a newly rebranded app by Google to explore new content and shop for new movies on rent or buy. The App also features a remote which will work on any Android TV.
The only requirement to operate a remote is to connect the Android TV and Phone to the same WiFi network.
- Install the App on your Smartphone. Google TV App is available for Both Android and iOS devices for free.
- Open the App and allow the required permission and log in using your Gmail ID.
- You can now view a ‘TV Remote‘ at the bottom of the screen. Tap on that icon.
- The App now scans for the available TVs on your connected WiFi network.
- Select the name of the TV from the search result.
- The pairing process now starts. The TV shows you the Pairing Code on the screen.
- Enter these characters in the App to verify the connection.
- Once the code is verified, the Mi TV remote is now set up on your phone.
You can use the remote for navigation (four directions), back button, OK button, volume increase/decrease, switch off the TV, and even Google Assistant to directly search for your favorite content.
B] Use IR sensor from phone to Operate Mi TV without Remote
Few smartphone companies provide an IR sensor in the phone. The Mi phones are popular with such features. You can use the IR sensor of your phone to control many smart devices such as TV, AC, Fan, Etc.
You will need an App to pair your Device. Mi phones come with the official Mi Remote App, which is free to download on Playstore. Other free App Peel is available with great features and covers a wide range of TV models.
We will see how to set up Mi remote app and control Mi TV without a remote.
- Download MI Remote App from Playstore.
- Open the App and allow required permissions.
- Click on Plus Icon on the top of the screen.
- Select type of Device as Mi TV.
- Done. There is no need to adjust the frequency of the TV.
For TVs other than the Mi brand, you can continue the setup from step 4 and follow the instructions on the screen to scan through the working combination of buttons with the right frequency.
How to control Mi TV using iPhone?
iPhone and iPad can also run a Google TV App and can control Mi TV if connected on the same WiFi network. You can install Google TV App from the App Store and log in with your Gmail id. You can then follow the pairing process by ending the pairing code displayed on the TV screen.
Also Read – How to share WiFi Password from Mac to iPhone?
Can we use Mi TV without remote?
Yes, you can use your Mi TV without tv. If you have wifi connection you can easily control your TV over wifi.
Yes, There is ON/OFF button on the TV. There are no other buttons to operate the TV and you may need to learn how to operate the Mi TV without Remote.
What do I do if my mi remote wont work?
You can buy a replacement remote from e-commerce websites. Til then you can operate your TV without remote.
You can easily control your TV without any physical remote. If your Mi TV remote is not working, then it’s your phone as a remote. In this guide, we have seen how to operate Mi TV without a remote step-by-step manner. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the information provided in the article, do let us know in the comment section below.