Android keyboards, by default, are too small for many of us, so this article provides instructions on how to make Keyboard bigger on Android phones.
Most Android phones come preloaded with Google Keyboard out of the box, and given how bigger and taller Android phones have become in recent times, the standard size of the Keyboard is too small to use for many of us. But thankfully, there is a way to make the Keyboard bigger for our convenience. There is more than one way to make your Keyboard bigger, and we will discuss some of them here in this article.
How to make Keyboard bigger on Android?
Since there are many ways to enlarge your Keyboard on Android, let’s discuss the most basic and universal ones first. Some of the ways in which you can make your Keyboard bigger are
- By Changing the display and font size of Android.
- By Changing Gboard settings
- Using a better 3rd party keyboard.
1. How to make Keyboard bigger on Android by changing the display and font size?
This is the most basic and universal method of enlarging your Keyboard. Since not all Android phones use Google Keyboard by default, this is the surest way to make the Keyboard bigger. But this method has a downside; changing the display or the font size of Android changes not only the keyboard size but also the whole User Interface. So it’s not the most ideal way to make your Keyboard. Anyway here’s what you need to do-
NOTE: The blow mentioned settings are differnt for different manufecturers. We have show the stock android version of Android 11 and above.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to Display.
- Now tap on Advanced.
- Open Display Size.
- Now you’ll find a slider to adjust your display size. Move the slider to the right side to make the display elements and fonts bigger. Check which size you are comfortable on and leave it there.
That’s it. Now you can check your Keyboard if it’s the appropriate size for you. If not tr different sizes from the display settings.
2. How to make Keyboard bigger on Android by changing Gboard settings.
Google keyboard or Gboard is the default Keyboard for most Android phones, and it has a setting to change the Keyboard size. To do that-
- Open any messaging app on your phone like WhatsApp, Fb Messenger, or the default messaging App.
- Open any message and tap on the text field to start writing.
- Once the Keyboard is visible, Tap on the gear icon to open Gboard settings.
- Now open Preferences.
- Now tap on Keyboard height.
- Here you’ll choose from 7 different sizes of keyboards, from Extra Short to Extra tall, the default one being Normal. Select the size you are most comfortable with.
Unlike the previous method, this only changes the keyboard size and not the entire interface.
3. How to make Keyboard bigger on Android By Using a 3rd party Keyboard App.
The beauty of Android is to change things to your liking. Even if you don’t like the default App, there is always a great alternative to find in the Playstore. It’s no different in terms of keyboards. There are several great 3rd party Keyboard apps that can replace the default one. It changes everything from the looks to the way your typing experience feels. One such great 3rd party Keyboard app we recommend is Microsoft Swiftkey Keyboard. It’s loaded with features, including changing the size of the Keyboard according to your liking. Here is a download link to the app-
Hope we answered your question about how to make keyboard bigger on Android. If you have any other queries drop them in the comment section below and let us know if you want any other keyboard recommendations.