Forwarding multiple mails using Gmail wasn’t an easy task until very recently. Gmail did not have that feature built-in earlier. You had to use some chrome extensions to be able to do that or, you had to forward them one by one. But in 2019, Gmail changed that and added several new intuitive features, including the ability to forward multiple emails at once. So, here in this article, we will learn how to forward multiple emails in Gmail without using an extension.
Why do you need to forward multiple emails?
There are several scenarios where forwarding multiple emails become necessary, and doing them one by one was such a pain a few years ago. We have discussed some of these incidents below, which we’ve ourselves faced or are common to many-
- Suppose your boss wants all the emails sent by a specific client forwarded in his mail.
- Forwarding many job vacancy emails in your friend circle
- Forward multiple receipts from different vendors to your finance department.
- Forwarding all the corresponded of a project you are doing to your boss or a client.
- Forwarding all the emails to your successor while leaving a job, etc.
It’s convenient to forward multiple emails at once in all of these above-mentioned scenarios. So let’s learn how to forward multiple emails in Gmail in this step by step guide below-
How to forward multiple emails in Gmail?
The process to forward multiple emails at once is fairly simple, unlike earlier, where you had to go through all the hassle to install a 3rd party chrome extension to be able to do that. Now you can do that from any browser you like. Here are the step by step guide below-
- Step 1: From your preferred browser, visit https://mail.google.com and Sign in to your Google account to access all your emails.
- Step 2: Now, on this screen, select all the emails you want to forward by clicking on the check box next to the mail, as shown in the screenshot below. (Please make sure to load the standard version of Gmail. The basic HTML version of Gmail still doesn’t have multiple emails forward feature. If you are on the basic HTML version, make sure to switch to the standard version from the bottom of the page)
- Step 3: Now, Right-Click on any of the selected files and from the options and select Forward as an attachment. Alternatively, you can use the 3 dot menu above to find the same option. (Screenshot below)
- Step 4: Now, a new Compose window will appear with all the selected emails attached as .eml files of various sizes.
- Step 5: Now, the only thing left is to write the email address where you want to forward the mails in the To section and write a suitable Subject and click on Send.
This is how to forward multiple emails in Gmail from a PC. But sometimes, you don’t have access to a computer to forward emails. Imagine a scenario where you are traveling, and you got a call from your boss asking you to forward some specific mails from a client immediately. In this scenario, if you don’t have your PC with you, you can use your phone to forward emails on the go. Here is how you can do that-
How to forward multiple emails in Gmail using your Phone?
Unfortunately, the official Gmail app for Android or iOS doesn’t support forwarding multiple emails from your phone yet. But you can still do it using your browser. It’s actually very simple, and the process is the same as we’ve mentioned above. You just have to do a little trick with your Browser. So, let’s start-
- Step 1: Open your preferred browser on your phone and visit Gmail.
- Step 2: Once the page loads and if you have the Gmail app installed on your phone. The page may ask you to OPEN THE GMAIL APP to access your emails. Please ignore it and click ON use the web version instead.
- Step 3: Once the web page loads completely, click on the 3 verticle lines on the top left corner.
- Step 4: Scroll all the way down on this panel to find the view Gmail in option. Here tap on Desktop to load the desktop version of Gmail.
- Step 5: On the next screen, the page will ask you if you really want to use HTML Gmail. Here, tap on I’d like to use HTML Gmail, and this will load the basic HTML version of Gmail.
- Step 6: Once the basic HTML version of Gmail loads, scroll all the way down to find the Gmail view option and from here, click on the standard to load the standard PC version of Gmail with all the options you get on a PC.
- Step 7: From here, all the steps are the same as you do on a PC since you literally opened the PC version of Gmail on your phone. Follow the steps mentioned earlier to forward multiple emails from your phone.
So, this is how to forward multiple emails in Gmail. Google made our lives easier with this built-in feature. As you saw, the steps are fairly simple. But if you still find any trouble forwarding multiple emails, do let us know in the comment section below so that we can help you solve your issue. Your feedback is valuable to us.
Meanwhile, if you are tired of spam emails cluttering your Gmail account, we’ve written a comprehensive guide using which you can declutter your Gmail completely and organize the important mails effortlessly. To read the guide, click on the title below-