Windows 11 is the latest OS version from Microsoft. The Microsoft team has announced a free upgrade to Windows 10 users without any cost. Windows 11 is in a beta phase now, and they are planning to release it by September 2021. During its beta testing, all users can enroll in the beta program and upgrade to windows 11. As it’s in the beta phase, users might face some bugs and may want to downgrade to windows 10 again. In this article, we will how to downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 for free without data loss.
Requirements to downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10
Windows allows you to downgrade to windows 11 only within 10 days of the upgrade. After 10 days, the “Windows.old” folder gets deleted automatically, and all the backfiles are deleted. Make sure you downgrade within 10 days only.
After 10 days of the upgrade, you can also downgrade to Windows 10, but the data from the C drive will be lost. We will see the method later in this article.
Step by step guide on how to downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 WITHOUT LOSING DATA?
- Step1: Open settings by pressing Windows + I key.
- Step2: From the left menu, click on the “Windows update” option.
- Step3: From the new screen, click on “Advanced Options.”
- Step4: Now, click on the Recovery option.
- Step5: Under recovery, you can now see the “Go Back” option if you upgraded to windows 11 within 10 days.
- Step6: Once you click on the Go back button, a popup window with a feedback form opens on the screen. In this window, in the first option, select the answer to “why you are going back?” and then press the Next button.
- Step7: Then confirm some warnings and information shown on the screen and finally click on the “Go back to previous build” button.
- Step8: Your Pc will now restart and start the downgrade process. Wait till the process is complete, and do not force shutdown your computer during the process.
- Step9: After a restart, your pc is now downgraded to Windows 10.
How to downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 AFTER 10 DAYS?
If you have upgraded to windows 10 and more than 10 days are passed, windows delete windows.old folder and the option to go back to windows 10 in the grocery setting is grayed out. In this case, to go back to windows 10 you have to install fresh windows 10 and replace windows 11 installed on your device.
Note that this method will erase all your data from the C drive and installed apps on windows 11. Make sure you have backed up all your data in the downloads folder and from the C drive.
- Step1: Download the windows 10 genuine setup from the Microsoft website. Know how to download genuine windows 10 iso file by reading this guide.
- Step2: Once you download the iso file, you have to make a bootable USB drive. Read how to make a bootable USB drive? From this guide.
- Step3: Once the bootable USB is ready with you, connect it to your computer.
- Step4: Now, boot your device into the “BIOS menu” and disable secure boot.
- Step5: Now, you can again restart the computer and boot into the Boot menu.
- Step6: In the Boot Menu, select the USB drive as a boot device.
- Step7: The windows setup now starts its process.
- Step8: You can follow the instructions on the screen to format your C drive and install the windows. Read how to install windows on your computer for free?.
Done! You can now start using windows 10.
With the help of this guide, you can easily go back to windows 10 without losing data if you have upgraded in the past 10 days. Beyond the 10 days, you have to format your C drive and install fresh windows 10 using a bootable USB drive. We have seen both methods, and I am sure you can now downgrade to windows 11 anytime. Let us know if you face any issues about how to downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 or if you have any queries in the comment section below.
- How to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home without losing data? [In 30 minutes]
- What drivers to install after installing windows 10?
- How to make Windows 10 bootable USB for FREE?[ 2 Easy Methods]
- How to repair windows 10 without CD or USB? [4 Easy Methods]
- How to download Genuine Windows 10 setup
- How to create "USB recovery drive" for Windows 10 and reinstall windows