There are numerous ways how to download genuine Windows 10 setup on the internet, but not all of them are safe. There are certain websites and torrents which provide pirated copies of Windows 10. These setups might contain various malware, or you may encounter frequent bugs and crashes. It is advised not to download windows 10 setup files from these kinds of sources.
Actually, you don’t need to go anywhere to download a genuine Windows 10 setup copy. After Microsoft ended support for windows 7, they have started providing windows 10 setup ISOs on their own official website for free. They took this initiative to encourage users to easily upgrade from an older version of windows to the latest version of Windows 10. Microsoft provides multiple ways to download and install the latest version of windows. So let’s discuss how to download genuine Windows 10 setup in detail-
How To Download Genuine Windows 10 Setup Using the Windows Media Creation Tool?
Microsoft provides free ISO setups to everyone through its own website. But if you are already using a Windows machine, to download Windows 10 setup files, you need to download the Media Creation Tool first. Here is a step by step process of how to do that-
- Go to this Microsoft Download Page
- Here on this page, you’ll find two buttons- “Update now” or “Download tool now”. Since we need to download the ISO file, click on the Download tool now button. (Here is a screenshot for your reference)
- After you’ve completed downloading the tool, run the tool setup file, wait for it to finish loading, and click Accept
- On the next screen, you’ll get two options, select the option which says, Create installation media(USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC, and then click Next.
- On the next screen, you’ll get the options to choose your preferred language, edition of Windows 10, and architecture. Select according to your needs and proceed by clicking Next.
NOTE: In the architecture option, you can choose between 32bit or 64bit. If you are using a 6-7 year old machine chances are you need 32bit variant , newer machines support 64bit. If you are confused which one to download, you can select both option and decide later after really making sure which one fits your machine.
- On the next screen, you’ll have to select which media to use. You’ll again get two options here, select the ISO file option and click Next, this will ask you to choose the location where you want to store your windows 10 ISO file. Select a drive or folder of your liking, and it should start the download process.
Depending on your internet speed, it will take some time to download the file. Once the process completes, click Finish and you’ll have your windows 10 setup ISO ready.
How To Download Genuine Windows 10 Setup Without Using Windows Media Creation Tool?
If you are using a windows machine, the Microsoft download website forces you to use the media creation tool. But it can be a really annoying and tedious process. Besides, the download process is slow compared to if you use an actual downloader. And some people really dislike the idea of using another application altogether to do a simple task such as downloading a file. So here’s how to download genuine Windows 10 setup without media creation tool.
Microsoft’s media creation tool is for Windows users only. If you access their website using any other operating system like- macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, etc, you’ll be redirected to a page from where you can download the ISO file directly. So the trick is to not using a windows device or make your web browser pretend you’re using another operating system.
So if you really don’t want to use the Media Creation Tool provided by Microsoft, the easiest way to get direct download links is to use your phone. Download the file on your phone using the same website provided earlier and transfer the ISO file to your PC.
- Get your android or iPhone and open the windows 10 download site on the phone’s browser – https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10
- Now, you can select Edition as Home or Pro and then click on Confirm button.
- From the new page, select the Language for your windows 10 genuine setup and click on Confirm button.
- You can now select the 64-bit version or 32-bit version and begin downloading genuine windows 10 setup.
- Once the download gets finished, transfer the ISO file to the computer. You can now make a bootable USB stick or CD drive to install windows 10 on any computer.
If you do not want to use your phone to download the files or if you don’t have access to any other device other than your Windows PC, the second method involves spoofing your browser’s user agent. The browser’s user agent is a short string of text that tells a website which OS and browser you’re using. By spoofing the user-agent, we can trick Microsoft into thinking we are not using Windows OS. Here’s how you can do it in Chrome Browser-
How To Download Genuine Windows 10 Setup Using Chrome Downloader
- Open Chrome and go to Windows 10 download site – https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10
- Now Press Ctrl + Shift + I to open Inspect panel window and click on the 3 vertical dots in the top right corner.
- From there go to More Tools> Network Conditions. This will open another window just below the Inspect panel.
- On this window, uncheck the Select automatically option. This will enable a drop-down list of different operating systems to choose from. I chose Mac from here but you can choose whatever you want.
- Now without closing the Inspect panel, refresh the website using reload or F5. This will re-open the website from where you can get the direct download option.
- Now you can close the Inspect panel. from the newly opened webpage, select the edition of Windows 10 to download and press Confirm.
- On the next screen select your preferred language and press Confirm.
- Now on the next screen, you’ll be provided with two architecture options ( 32bit 64bit ) just like earlier. Choose the one you need and the download process will start.
These are the two methods of how to download genuine Windows 10 setup. Now that you know how to download genuine Windows 10 setup and have the ISO file, you can create a bootable Pendrive with it and install genuine windows 10 on your PC.
- How to repair windows 10 without CD or USB? [4 Easy Methods]
- How to create "USB recovery drive" for Windows 10 and reinstall windows
- How to install SSD in Laptop? Easy DIY Guide.
- How to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home without losing data? [In 30 minutes]
- What drivers to install after installing windows 10?
- How to downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 without losing data? [within 30 minutes]