This article provides instructions on how to create story highlights on Instagram.
Instagram is a fun social media platform to share memories with friends and families. It also lets you share photos and short 15 second videos as stories on your Profile which disappears after 24 hours. It’s a fun little feature to play around with, especially useful while on a trip or while traveling around to keep your loved ones updated about your journey. It doesn’t last forever and gets the job done. The stories may disappear after a while from your Profile; however, Instagram does not delete those story posts. It keeps them in archives to view it later if you wish it so.
While viewing your older story posts, if you find some of the photos exciting and worth keeping your timeline, there is a way to keep them in your Profile forever. You might have seen a collection of photos on little circles on someone’s Profile; those are story highlights. If case you are wondering how to create story highlights on Instagram, you are on the right page. This article will discuss how to view your archived story posts and create highlights using them.
How to create story highlights on Instagram?
It is a one-time process and relatively straightforward. Once you create your first story highlight creating the next becomes easy. Here is a step by step guide on how to create story highlights on Instagram-
NOTE: You can only select photos fro your highlights only once the story post has been moved to the archived section of Instagram.
- Step 1: Open the Instagram app and go to your Profile.
- Step 2: Now tap on the hamburger menu located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Tap on Your activity.
- Step 4: Now select Archived.
- Step 5: You can view your story archives, post archives, and live archives here. By default, it shows Story Archives first.
- Step 6: Now tap on the three-dotted lines located at the very top right corner of the screen and from the popup menu select Create highlights.
- Step 7: Select the Photos you want to add to the highlights and tap on Next.
- Step 8: Now, give a suitable title for the Highlight. You can also edit the cover photo of this Highlight from here.
- Step 9: Once you are ok with your choices tap Done at the top right corner.
That’s it. You’ve successfully created your first Story Highlight. Now creating the next Highlight is a matter of a few clicks. All you need to do is-
- Go to your Profile.
- Click on the Plus sign written as New below your profile.
- Select the photos you like and tap Next.
- Give it a suitable title and tap Done.
Creating highlights also serves as feature photos of your profile. It’s an excellent way of describing your profile without browsing all your photos. It also helps if you run a small business and use Instagram to promote it. You can easily create story highlights of your products or past works and promote them there. The possibilities of story highlights are endless. So we hope you liked our article on how to create story highlights on Instagram, and we hope we helped you build your profile. To learn about more features like this, check out our dedicated section on Instagram. Also, let us know if you have any doubts, queries, or feedback in the comments below.
- "Why can't I save Audio on Instagram Reels?" [In just 1 minute]
- How to see someone's Instagram activity? [Find all 6 activities easily]
- How to add Music to Instagram post?
- How to Delete Multiple Followers on Instagram? [2 Easy methods]
- What does it mean when it says Instagram User? [Find in 1 minute]
- How to see who shared your Instagram post?
- How to fix couldn't refresh feed on Instagram? [5 Quick Fixes]