Windows 10 is a widely used and popular Operating system. Along with its popularity, Windows is also known to be the most buggy and suddenly arising errors. One such issue is the “Boot configuration data for your PC is missing” error with the BSOD screen. In this guide, we will see how to fix error code 0xc000014c boot configuration data for your PC is missing in windows 10.
- Why BCD missing error occurs?
- Requirements to fix “Boot configuration data for your PC is missing” error in Windows 10
- How to fix Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing in windows 10
Why BCD missing error occurs?
This error mostly occurs due to –
- Sudden restart of the computer may be due to forcefully or power cut.
- Longer duration of disk active duration.
- Hardware failure.
Requirements to fix “Boot configuration data for your PC is missing” error in Windows 10
- Flash the Windows 10 setup on a USB drive. Know how to make a USB drive bootable.
- You must be able to open the BIOS menu and change the boot order.
- You must be able to open the Boot menu and select the USB drive to enter in the Windows setup.
Once you know and complete all the above things, lets now know the exact steps to fix BCD missing error –
How to fix Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing in windows 10
Several methods are available to fix this certain issue.
- Using bootrec method (fixmbr, fixboot, scanos)
- By automatic repair tool.
We will see each method in step by step instructions –
Method 1 – Using Bootrec method and rebuild BCD
- Step1: Create the Bootable USB drive. Read this guide to know.
- Step2: Now, insert the bootable USB and restart your PC.
- Step3: While restarting your PC, press the Boot menu key to enter into the boot menu. The Boot menu key is different for different models. (Generally, It’s F12 for most of the laptop models.)
- Step4: Once you boot into the boot menu, select the USB device that you connected to the PC and press enter.
- Step5: Wait till the PC start the Windows setup.
- Step6: Select the language and keyboard layout and then click on the Next button.
- Step7: Now, from the next page, click on the “Repair your Computer” option.
- Step8: Once the recovery mode is launched, click on Troubleshoot option.
- Step9: Then click on “Advanced Options“.
- Step10: Under the Advanced options, click on the “Command Prompt” option.
- Step11: Wait till the command window launches.
- Step12: In the Command window, type the following command and press enter.
- Step13: You can now see the command is executed successfully message.
- Step14: Then, enter the following command and press enter.
bcdedit /export c:\bcdbackup
- Step15: Now type –
attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s
- Step16: After that, type –
ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
- Step17: Finally, you can now re-build the boot records –
- Step18: Wait till the process completes.
- Step19: Now, you will be asked whether to add the installation to boot list. Type Y and press enter.
- Step20: Close the command window and then click on the Continue button.
The error “boot configuration data for your pc is missing” should now be fixed.
Method 2 – Perform Automatic Repair and fix Boot configuration Data missing windows 10 error
- Open the Windows Advanced Options. Know how to open windows advanced options.
- Under Advanced options, click on the Automatic Repair option.
- The automatic repair process will start. Please wait till the process complete its operation.
- After the automatic repair completes, you can restart the computer and check whether the BCD missing error is fixed.
Let us know if the issue still persists; we will try to add more solutions to fix the “boot configuration data for your pc is missing” error.
Read Next – How To Make Windows 10 Boot Faster.
- How to connect AirPods to Windows 11?
- How to Remove OneDrive From Computer? [1-Click - No command Method]
- How to clean up computer to run faster windows 10?
- How to make Windows 10 faster than ever [21 best settings]
- How to fix Error 0x8000400000000002 in Windows 10? [6 Easy fixes]
- [2 Easy methods] How to fix windows 10 brightness slider missing issue in 5 minutes?
- [Solved] 10 ways to fix Windows 10 Bluetooth Missing in Settings problem