The Motherboard is the heart of the computer. It connects all the PC components of the computer and powers them. It is the most expensive part of your computer and may cost you a chunk of money if it fails. If your PC is behaving weirdly and you can’t figure out what’s going on, it might be a motherboard problem. In this guide, we will see bad motherboard symptoms and how to identify if your Motherboard is faulty.
What are some bad Motherboard symptoms?
There are many visual observations to check or some physical checks to judge whether your Motherboard will soon malfunction. You can perform certain fixes to get back your Motherboard; otherwise, you may have to order a new motherboard for your computer order a new motherboard for your computer.
Here are some symptoms of the bad Motherboard of your computer –
1] Computer hardware is not recognizing
There might be some parts that just stop recognizing, say USB port. It simply does not read any data from a USB stick or does not show in the device manager. This simply means that the Motherboard does not power the USB port.
2] Random PC Restart
You were doing some important Excel work or gaming, and suddenly the computer started over. This is unfortunate, and you cannot figure out why it happens. This sign of bad motherboard symptoms can be because of the interrupted power supply to the Motherboard, or the Motherboard is failing to communicate properly with all the hardware connected to it.
3] Beep Sound
That beeping sound whenever you press the power ON button of your computer. The beep indicates that booting is not going correctly, and the Motherboard is trying to start over the boot process again. This exact problem may also be because of improper RAM installation. You may check the RAM connection, and still, if the problem persists, it is a bad motherboard symptom.
A very familiar word Blue Screen of Death (BSOD), is the problem with the Windows computers since edges. Numerous reasons might cause your BSOD problem. But if you have a stable version of Windows, haven’t updated recently, have not installed any new software or enabled new features, and are still getting BSOD out of the blue, then it is a bad motherboard symptom.
5] Burning Odor
Overheating and overvoltage may cause some parts of the Motherboard to melt. This may cause serious issues to the Motherboard and may completely damage it. If you smell some burning odor while turning on the computer, immediately turn it off and check for a possible fix or simply visit the service center to rectify the issue.
6] Slow PC
Motherboard can’t keep up and slows the processes like read/write speed of the storage, RAM, screen refresh rate, etc. You may think it’s a software issue and reset the PC once, but it can be a serious motherboard issue if the problem still persists.
7] Screen Freeze
The screen freeze can also be a cause of buggy windows OS. But if you are using a stable version of the OS and started getting random screen freeze issues out of the blue, then it is a sign of a bad motherboard, and you should think of visiting the service center.
How to prevent the Motherboard from being damaged/malfunctioning?
You should always keep the computer parts within their designed limits/environment. Parts are used extensively, and bad environmental conditions may reduce the life span and cause malfunctioning of the part.
- Always provide ventilation – keep the Motherboard well ventilated and design a CPU cabinet with a proper fans system.
- Dust Free – Dust is an enemy to the electronic parts. Regularly clean the dust from the Motherboard and try to rectify the dust from going into the computer.
- Stable Powersource – Always power up your computer through a stable power source. A fluctuating voltage may cause the Motherboard to fail or malfunction.
- Prevent water droplets going in – Always keep your computer away from any water source. It may cause the Motherboard to short circuit.
- Earthing – Properly earth the cabinet and all metal parts to the ground so that if any lightning happens, it will not cause any issue to the Motherboard. Usually, the home’s main supply comes with earthing as well. Do confirm with the electrician, and if earthing is not done, you need to do it via electrician.
The heart of the CPU needs extra care. If you ever find any bad motherboard symptoms, visit the service center and try to fix the issue before it gets late.
- How to connect AirPods to Windows 11?
- How to Remove OneDrive From Computer? [1-Click - No command Method]
- How to clean up computer to run faster windows 10?
- How to make Windows 10 faster than ever [21 best settings]
- How to fix Error 0x8000400000000002 in Windows 10? [6 Easy fixes]
- [2 Easy methods] How to fix windows 10 brightness slider missing issue in 5 minutes?