A hard disk is a data storing device. You can save any file here. You can travel with your data stored on the hard drive and access that whenever you want. You can use a hard disk to keep your data private and safe. I guess you know that things. Now, the question is how to use Internal hard disk as External hard disk. If you really want to know that, then you are at the right place. In this post, I am going to discuss the entire process of doing that here.
Sometimes, our laptop or pc gets mutilated, and we can’t use any part of that due to a lack of knowledge. You just need to know the right process, and you will be able to use the internal hard disk as an external hard disk. I am here to enlighten you about the process of how to use internal hard disk as external hard disk.
- Requirements for using internal hard disk as external hard disk –
- How to use internal hard disk as external hard disk? – step-by-step process
Requirements for using internal hard disk as external hard disk –
You cannot just connect your internal hard disk to your pc or laptop. You need to have a few things before doing this. All the required things are mentioned below; arrange them before diving into the main steps.
- You need a hard disk case or hard drive adapter. Any of the two will help you to accomplish your work. There are plenty of cases available to choose from. I have also shared the 3 best hard disk cases down the post you can check that too.
- You need an internal hard disk to make use of that.
How to use internal hard disk as external hard disk? – step-by-step process
The process of using an internal hard disk as an external hard disk is not that much complicated. You just need to follow a few right steps and you will be able to do so. If you have not done this before and you do not have much experience in this field, then you may find this task strenuous. To make things easier, I have mentioned step by step process. I suggest you follow each step carefully to accomplish your task pretty easily.
- First of all, you need to buy the case before you start following the steps.
- After you have the case, open the enclosure by sliding a little bit down.
- Now you will get to see a SATA pinpoint inside the enclosure.
- Locate the side of the internal hard drive where the pin is visible.
- And now insert the hard drive in the case as the pinpoints should get matched. Be cautious while doing this; if the hard drive is not fit in the case, then it will not work.
- Then close the enclosure.
- You have got the USB connector with the case. Insert one side in the case and another side in your computer.
- You have also got a power adapter; connect your case with it.
- Now you have a switch on the side of the case to turn the case off or on. Make sure you have turned that on.
- Then on the search bar of windows, search for Create and format hard disk partitions.
- There locate your hard drive.
- Right-click on that.
- Now click on the new simple volume.
- Then keep clicking on the next button, and at the end, click on Finish.
- Now you have your internal hard disk as a fully working external hard disk.
Also Read – How to install SSD in Laptop? Easy DIY Guide.
Benefits of using internal hard disk as external hard disk-
You can get many benefits by using an internal hard disk as an external hard disk.
- Firstly, If you have a damaged laptop or pc and you have internal HDD in perfect working condition, then you can use that as an external HDD.
- Secondly, the external hard disk is costlier; you can save a good amount of money by using an internal hard disk as an external hard disk.
- Thirdly, the internal hard disks are of good quality. So, if you start using this, you get durability with it.
3 best hard drive cases –
As mentioned earlier in this post, you need a hard drive case to use internal HDD as external. There are numerous cases available in the market. You can buy any of them. To help you choose from the innumerable list, I have given you the 3 best hard drive cases.
- ORICO Toolfree USB 3.0 to SATA External 3.5″ Hard Drive Enclosure Case
- Hard Drive Enclosure RSHTECH USB 3.0 to SATA Aluminum External Hard Drive Dock Case
- Inateck 3.5 Hard Drive Enclosure, Aluminum USB 3.0 SATA HDD Enclosure.
What will be the change in file transferring speed on internal hard disk?
Surely, you will not get as much speed as an external hard disk. But you will get a reasonable speed while transferring files. Getting some slow speed is more considerable than paying a high amount of money for an external hard disk.
How do I make my SATA hard drive external?
There are two types of hard drive interfaces SATA (Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) & PATA (Parallel Advanced Technology Attachment). SATA is more preferred as it has a higher data transfer speed and it consumes less power too. SATA is nothing but an interface of the hard drive. You can follow the steps mentioned above to use your SATA hard drive external.
Is it better to use Internal HDD as external one?
Obviously, yes, using Internal HDD as an external will be economical as well as efficient.
In this post, we have learned how to use internal hard disk as external hard disk; We have also discussed some of the best hard drive cases, the benefits of using an internal hard disk as an external hard disk, etc. If you have read the post gingerly, then I am sure that you will not have any doubt in your mind regarding this. In case you still have any questions, then you can ask them in the comment section below; I will try to resolve that assuredly.
I hope you have liked the post, if so, then share this post with your friends as they can also learn how to use internal hard disk as external hard disk. Thank you for reading the post till the end, have a good day!
- [Fix in 3 minute] How to turn on optional diagnostic data in windows 10?
- How to turn off touch screen on Windows 10? - 2 Easy methods
- How to Disable Speech to Text on Windows 11
- How to disable Web results in Windows 11 search?
- What are some bad Motherboard Symptoms and how to prevent motherboard from failing?
- How to connect AirPods to Windows 11?