Back then, during the golden years of Nokia phones, changing the Bluetooth name of your device was such a fun thing to do. People have come up with unique ideas to name their devices. Sadly, with Nokia’s fall, the trend has also trimmed down quite a bit. But there are still people like us who like to change their device’s Bluetooth Name. With Android devices changing the Bluetooth name is simple, and you can do it from the Bluetooth settings itself, but it’s not the case with iPhones. The option is there, but it’s hidden under the settings. So this article will discuss how to change Bluetooth name on iPhone in a step-by-step manner.
How to change Bluetooth name on iPhone?
It’s not that hard to change the Bluetooth name of your iPhone once you know where you need to look. Unlike other phones, you cannot change the Bluetooth Name from Bluetooth settings on your iPhone. Here is what you need to do-
- Step 1: Open Settings on your iPhone and go to General Settings.
- Step 2: Now go to About.
- Step 3: Now tap on Name, which will allow you to change the name of your iPhone.
- Step 4: Once you are on the page, delete the last Name and enter the name you want to give to your iPhone.
- Step 5: Now, press done on the keyboard.
Now that you know How to change Bluetooth name on iPhone, go ahead and think of something unique and fun to name your device.
How to change Bluetooth device name on your iPhone?
You can also change the names of your connected devices from Bluetooth settings. Let’s learn how to do that-
- Open Settings on your iPhone and go to Bluetooth. Alternatively, you can press and hold the Bluetooth icon from your Action center and open Bluetooth settings straight from there.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is turned on; otherwise, you won’t see the list of connected devices.
- Now click on the info button of the device you want to rename. Make sure the device is connected to your iPhone otherwise, you won’t get the option to edit the Name.
- Now click on Name of the Device.
- Once you are on the page, delete the last Name and enter the name you want to give to your iPhone.
- Now, press done on the keyboard.
It’s a good idea to give distinct names to your devices to avoid confusion. For example, if you have two pairs of Airpods, you will have a hard time differentiating both from one another on the Bluetooth settings page. To avoid that, you can change the names to Airpod 1 and Airpod 2.
Hoping that we helped you learn how to change Bluetooth name on iPhone through this short article. If you have any doubts or queries, please drop them in the comment section below. Meanwhile, do read our other articles on similar topics, some of which we’ve linked below-