Amazon has replaced chiefly most of our need to visit physical stores in recent times. The sheer convenience of having things delivered to your doorstep is a pleasure to have. It makes our lives so much easier, especially since Covid Amazon has become a lifesaver for us. If you happen to order a lot from Amazon, you might find two addresses while you are placing an order. One is a Shipping address and another is a billing address.
What is the billing address in Amazon?
Unlike shipping address which changes with each order, the Billing address is a permanent one. It is linked to your default payment method. The default billing address doesn’t change with each order, and it remains constant in every invoice under the shipping address.
But if your residential address changes, it is advisable to change the old billing address to the current address. In this article, we will learn how to change billing address in amazon with the help of a PC or your Smartphone.
A] How to change billing address in amazon using a PC?
Changing Billing address from a PC is quite simple. All you need to do is-
- Open your preferred browser and visit Amazon.
- Now log into your account and hover over the option which says, Account & Lists along with a greeting on top as Hello Your Name at the top right of your screen.
- Now click on Your Account from the drop-down menu.
- On the next screen, click on Payment options.
- Now you’ll find a list of all the credit and debit cards you’ve used to date as payment methods.
- Browse the one card you always use and click on the little downward-facing arrow button next to it and click on the edit button.
- Here you’ll find your billing address. To change the billing address click on the Change option below the address.
- Now select an address from the existing lists or click on Add an address to add your new address.
- Once you finish selecting or adding the new address, click on Use this address.
- Once the address is selected, click on Save on the next page.
That’s it. Now that you know how to change billing address in Amazon from a PC. Let’s learn how to change billing address in Amazon from a Smartphone.
B] How to change billing address in amazon using a Smartphone?
Changing the billing address from your smartphone is similar to what you’ve to do on your PC.
- Open the Amazon App and log into your account.
- Tap on the hamburger menu located at the bottom right corner of the App.(in some older versions of the app the hamburger menu is located at the top left corner)
- Now scroll down to the bottom and select Account.
- On this page, scroll down to find “Manage payment options” which is located under the Amazon Pay section.
- Here you’ll find a list of credit and debit cards you’ve used to date.
- Click edit on the card you use most of the time.
- The rest is similar to the PC method. Select one address from the list or add a new address and click save.
C] How to change billing address in Amazon while ordering a product?
You can also change the Billing address while ordering a product. Here is how-
- While you are on the product page, click Add to cart or Buy now.
- Now select your shipping address first and click Deliver to this address.
- Now select a payment method and hit Continue.
- On the next page, you can review your Order. From here, scroll down to the bottom to find the Billing address. Tap on it and you’ll find a list of addresses along with an option to add a new address at the bottom of the list.
- Select or add a new address on this page and tap Use this address.
This is the easiest way to change the billing address but the only drawback is you have to do it every time you want to place a new order. So it’s better to change the billing address from the settings menu beforehand using the earlier methods.
I hope we helped you learn how to change billing address in Amazon with this article. If you have any other queries or feedback do let us know in the comment section below.