Snapchat is one of the popular social networking sites. People find it engaging because of its unique features. You can connect with your friends and relatives pretty easily. You can capture the whole day and share it with them. But when you take any photo, it creates an annoying sound. In this post, I will share how to turn off camera sound on Snapchat.
Snapchat has numerous numbers of filters. You can capture your photos apply a filter, or you can directly capture your photos by applying a filter. You can share your location with your friends. You can chat with your friends. You can also make videos. You can also share videos and do many more things.
The camera sound may be the drawback of this app. It can be problematic if you want to capture any photo silently or not let others know. Snapchat doesn’t provide any inbuilt feature or function to turn this off. You can try some tricks or techniques to turn off the camera sound.
You may use Snapchat on your android device or on an iPhone. It doesn’t matter what you use. If you want to turn off the shutter sound, keep reading the post until the end. I’ll mention the processes to turn off the camera sound both on Android and iOS.
- Why do you need to turn OFF the camera sound on Snapchat?
- How to turn off camera sound on Snapchat on Android?
- How to turn OFF camera sound on Snapchat on iPhone?
- Turn off camera sound by turning on DND –
Why do you need to turn OFF the camera sound on Snapchat?
There can be many reasons behind turning off the shutter sound. The sound seems to be irritating; it may annoy others. You want to capture something silently. Whatever the reason is, you are here to read about the solutions, and I am here to provide you with that.
You may think that if Snapchat doesn’t provide the inbuilt feature of turning that sound off, then it might be illicit. Don’t worry, and it is not. Snapchat may include the feature in future updates.
How to turn off camera sound on Snapchat on Android?
If you are an android user and want to turn the camera sound off, follow the steps below.
- First of all, open Snapchat.
- Then turn the volume down using the Volume down key
- Decrease the volume to the lowest level possible.
- Now click any photo and check if the sound is coming or not.
The camera sound won’t be there. You can now click photos silently.
How to turn OFF camera sound on Snapchat on iPhone?
The process of turning off the camera sound on Snapchat in an iPhone is not like the Android. You can read through another trick. Don’t worry, this process is also as simple as Android.
- If you have been using iPhone for a long time, then you will know how to turn on the silent mode.
- The button available on the left side turns on silent mode on iPhone.
- Turn the silent mode on, then open Snapchat.
- The camera sound will be gone.
- You can again press that button to turn on normal mode.
Turn off camera sound by turning on DND –
You can also turn off the camera sound on Snapchat on your phone by turning on DND. The process of turning on DND is different on Android and iOS.
For Android, you can pull down the notification bar and click on DND to turn on the DND. Or you can go to the settings of your phone and then search for DND and turn that on. If you turn on DND, that will turn off the camera sound.
You can also turn on DND on your iPhone. The process of turning on DND varies with its OS.
For iOS 15– Go to settings – click on focus and then click on Do Not Disturb. Customize your notification preference.
For iOS 14 and others- Go to settings – Turn on Do Not Disturb.
That’s it; after you have turned on Do Not Disturb, the shutter sound will also be gone.
Must Read – How to Make a Private Story on Snapchat?
How to directly upload photos from your gallery without using the Snapchat camera?
You can directly upload from your gallery without using the Snapchat camera. For this, you need to follow some processes. Don’t worry; the process is smooth and easy.
- First of all, go and open Snapchat on your device.
- Then click on the emoji icon located on the right side of the camera.
- Now click on the explore button located in the bottom right corner.
- Now click on the search bar.
- Now on the search bar, search for the upload from the album button. There you will get to see many options and choose any of them. You can directly go to the link – https://lens.snapchat.com/.
- If you have directly opened the link, you will see all the photos from the album. Please choose the one you want to upload and post it on your snap. If you have searched for the filter, then you will get many filters, choose any of them and do the same.
This way, you can easily upload photos to your gallery without clicking photos from Snapchat.
Also Read – How to send GIFs on Snapchat?
Is there any other method available?
As of now, there is no other method available. You can use the above-mentioned techniques to accomplish your work. In the future, if I get to know any, then I will share through this post.
Is the upload from album option available on iPhone?
Obviously, yes, this feature is available for both Android and iPhone. If you are using an iPhone, you can easily follow the steps mentioned above to upload your pre-captured photos.
Snapchat doesn’t have the toggles to turn off camera sound. Although, you can turn that off. In this short post, I talked about how to turn off camera sound on Snapchat. If you have read the article till the end, then I am sure that you now know how to do that. Please share this post with your friends to help them turn off the camera sound on Snapchat. Thank you for reading. Have a good day!