If you use an Android phone and mostly rely on your cellular network for your internet connection, you might have seen a notification stating that you’ve exceeded your Mobile data limit. This article will teach you how to reset mobile data limit Exceeded notification.
This ‘Cellular data limit exceeded’ notification might feel annoying, but it’s actually a lifesaver many times. We all know mobile data is expensive, and we get a limited amount of data to spend every month. So, to save us from extra charges, Android has this built-in feature of limiting data usage up to a certain amount each month. Sometimes, we forget that we are not connected to our wifi and keep using mobile data for internet browsing. In this case, this mobile data warning notification works as a reminder to connect to a wifi network.
Why do we need to reset the Mobile data usage limit?
Even though it’s a convenient feature to have but sometimes it can be a curse. Say, for example, if you are traveling and don’t have access to your wifi. In this situation, you don’t have any option other than to use your mobile data. And even if you recharge with extra data, your device will restrict internet access once you hit the limited threshold. This happens because your device doesn’t know automatically that you’ve recharged with extra data. And the mobile data exceeded notification will keep annoying you until you reset the usage limit from the settings. So let’s learn how to do that.
Before we proceed, you have to understand that the Android ecosystem is quite chaotic. Different manufacturers have different skins on top of Android OS, so the path to data usage settings would vary from device to device. Here in this article, we will explain the process for vanilla android(Stock Android) with no skin on top. Stock Android can be found on various manufacturers, for example, Google’s Pixel devices, Motorola Devices, Asus Devices, older Oneplus devices( Now they are switching to ColorOS from oxygen os so that the settings may be different). This is for the general idea of the settings you need to change to eliminate the annoying notification. Let’s begin
How to Reset Mobile Data limit Exceeded Notification?
Here we will learn how to reset mobile data limit exceeded notification for phones using stock android, and then we’ll give you are a general idea of where to find the settings for different devices.
- Step 1: Go to your phone Settings from your app drawer or home screen. Alternatively open the quick settings panel and select the gear icon from there.
- Step 2: From the settings panel, locate Network & Internet and tap on it.
- Step 3: From this screen, select Mobile Network. You will see the amount of data you’ve currently used and the data warning limit on this page.
- Step 4: Now, go to Data warning & limit to change the attributes. Here, you can change the data warning limit and the amount of data you can use in a month. You can also change the cycle from here( From 1 day to 30 days).
- Step 5: To remove the data waring notification, you can do two things here. Either completely turn off the data warning limit or set a limit higher than the current limit. To completely turn off the data waring limit, simply toggle off the Set data warning option. In the other case, click on the Data warning and put a data amount of your choice. For example, if you have 10 GB of data, you can set the data waring limit to 8 GB.
- Step 6: You can also reset the actual data limit from here. So if you have 10 GB of data, you can set the limit to 10 GB, and your device will restrict mobile internet usage. To do that, turn on Set mobile data first. This will enable you to edit your data limit. Now, Click on the Data limit and put the amount as 10 GB or whatever you like.
How to Reset Mobile Data limit Exceeded Notification in Xiaomi/Mi/Poco Phones
On your Mi or Poco phone with MIUI OS, you can easily reset the mobile data limit set by default.
- Open the notification panel and tap on the data usage indicator (as shown on the below image).
- Thne alow the usage and then click on “Set Data Usage Limit” option.
- On the Monthly data limit, increase the data limit higher than you would use in a month.
- You can now see that the mobile data limit exceeded notification is dismissed from notification area.
That was it. This is the general idea of how to reset mobile data limit exceeded notification. If you have any trouble resting your mobile data limit warning, please feel free to drop a comment below.