Microsoft Windows comes with many more pre-installed Bloatware. One of the irritating things in Windows OS is Onedrive. Once you login to your Microsoft account, the Onedrive starts with every boot and stays in the background, eating ram and consuming data. You cannot close the onedrive, and every time, it comes up after windows start. Some people may find this irritating and also slows down windows boot time.
To overcome that situation, you can disable the Onedrive from your computer, but there is no option to remove Onedrive anywhere in the settings. We have come up with a solid workaround that not only removes onedrive from your computer. But also removes one drive folder and stops them from coming back forever. In this guide, we will see how to remove OneDrive from computer.
By reading the guide, you will get the answers to most of the Onedrive related queries, such as –
- How to remove onedrive account from file explorer?
- How to remove onedrive account from windows 10?
- How to remove onedrive folder from the computer without deleting files?
We will now see the method –
How to remove OneDrive from Computer?
The method which we are going to use requires a third-party tool. The tool name is Windows10Debloater. The tool will remove onedrive app and also removes the onedrive folder from your computer. We will see how to do it by following these steps –
- Download the Windows 10 Debloater tool on your computer.
- Extract the folder from the zip file using any zip tool such as WinZip, PeaZip, etc.
- In the folder, Right-click on the ‘WIndows10Debloater GUI’ file and select the ‘Run with Powershell‘ option.
- Allow the Admin permission if asked.
- The Tool windows will now open your screen.
- From various options displayed on the tool, click on the ‘Uninstall Onedrive‘ option.
- The tool will start the procedure to uninstall the Onedrive App, followed by the Onedrive folder from the computer.
- Wait till the process gets completed, and do not interrupt the process in between.
- In the PowerShell, once you see “OneDrive has been successfully uninstalled!“, the process for the same is now completed.
Close the Tool and Powershell window and restart your PC once. Done! Your PC now has no OneDrive on start menu as well as File Explorer.
How to Remove OneDrive folder from File Explorer?
Since the App incorporated a oneDrive folder in your File Explorer, you cannot delete or remove it. All the backup files stay in that folder and sync with the cloud server. Some people do not sync service and may want to remove onedrive from file explorer as well.
To remove OneDrive folder from your computer, you simply have to follow the steps mentioned in the above section and use the Debloater tool to get rid of OneDrive folder automatically. Using the tool does not require any complex code to copy-paste here and there. It’s just a single click process once you give admin permission to the tool.
How to remove OneDrive from computer without any tool?
If you do not want to use any third-party tool, you can also remove onedrive by typing some commands on Powershell/command prompt. Here’s how to do it –
- Open command prompt in Admin mode. (Here’s how to open command prompt as a admin in Windows 10 since PowerShell is the default command 10 in Windows 10)
- Type this line to stop the onedrive –
taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe
- Now, type this line if you have 64 bit windows 10 –
- For 32 bit windows 10, type this line –
Done! the onedrive is now removed from your computer.
How to reinstall OneDrive on computer?
Changed your mind and want to use Onedrive again? Here how to get it back –
- Open file explorer and head towards this path – C:\Windows\SysWOW64\
- Search for OneDrive Setup and launch it.
- Once the installation is complete, you can use the Onedrive as usual.
This guide about how to remove OneDrive from computer, explains 2 easy methods on step by step instructions. We have also shown how to get it back if you changed your mind.
- How to connect AirPods to Windows 11?
- How to clean up computer to run faster windows 10?
- How to make Windows 10 faster than ever [21 best settings]
- How to fix Error 0x8000400000000002 in Windows 10? [6 Easy fixes]
- [2 Easy methods] How to fix windows 10 brightness slider missing issue in 5 minutes?
- [Solved] 10 ways to fix Windows 10 Bluetooth Missing in Settings problem