Moving files from one Google Drive to another is an easy task. If you know the correct way else, it becomes slightly tricky. If you don’t know the process, don’t worry; in this post, I am going to guide you through the complete processes on how to move files from one google drive to another.
There are many ways you can follow. You can easily transfer your files from one Google Drive to another using Google drive or any third-party tools. I have mentioned a couple of ways in this post. You can use any of them to do so.
Google Drive is one of the best places to store your data. You can expand your storage at affordable prices. Expanding your Google drive storage will give you size to a minimum of 100GB. Upgrading your plan gives you advanced support. It is easy to upload files in Google drive, but moving files from one Google Drive to another is slightly complicated. After reading this post thoroughly, you will know the process and will be able to do this pretty easily.
Why do You need To Transfer Files From One Google Drive To Another?
Google Drive gives you 15GB of free space. If you run out of space, you can create multiple Google accounts, and you can transfer data from one to another. This is how you can get unlimited space in Google drive.
If you have multiple files in different Google accounts and want to transfer all the files to one account, you can use this method.
If you want to transfer your large files with your friends or family who are away from you, then you can easily transfer those files to their account.
The Not-So-Easy method 🙁 –
Downloading and re-uploading in Google drive is the one way, but this will cost you a lot of internet data if your file size is large. Firstly, you need to log in to your primary account, select the files you want to move, and download those files. Then go to your second account and upload those files. This process is easy only if you have unmetered Internet data.
Easy Ways – How to move files from one google drive to another?
We will see two easy methods which you perform on your own without another person’s help so that you can keep your privacy also.
Method 1 – How to move files from one google drive to another By Sharing 🙂 :
- First, log in to your primary Google account from where you want to transfer your files.
- Select the files/folders you want to move.
- After you have selected the file, simply click on the share icon.
- Enter your second Google account id in which you want to receive the files, permissions as editor, and click on send.
- Then log in to your second Google account. You can open your second account in another browser, or you can log out of your current account and log in to the second one.
- Go to shared with me. There, you will be able to see the files you sent from your primary account.
- Select all the files you want to move. And then click on move to the folder you want. Else you can click on copy to, to easily make a copy to your Drive.
- Now you delete the original files from your primary Google account.
This is how you can easily transfer files or folders from one Google account to another. This takes a couple of minutes to transfer all the data you have in your Drive. This is the official way; you can also do the same using multcloud.
Three different roles Google drive provides – Owner, Editor, and viewer. The owner is who uploaded the file. The owner can add more owners to that Drive. There is no limit of ownership in Google drive.
Method 2 – How to move files from one google drive to another with cloud transfer tool 😎 :
You can also move your files through a cloud transfer tool. To do this, I am going to use multcloud. Multcloud is free to use service that allows you to transfer your files from one account to another.
Multcloud allows users to transfer files between cloud drives. You can also transfer your dropbox files to Google drive using this pretty easily. You can transfer files from one cloud drive to another using multcloud. The Multcloud service has almost all the tools which provide cloud service.
- First, open Multcoud website on your computer’s browser – https://www.multcloud.com/
- you need to create an account in Multclouud.
- Simply click on sign up and enter your basic details like name, email, and password, then click on create account. Verify the captcha, and your account will be created.
- After you have successfully created an account, log in to your account.
- Click on add clouds.
- Then select Google drive; it will ask you to choose your Google account. Click on next.
- Add your primary Google account.
- Repeat the same steps to add your second Google account.
- Open the primary Google account and select the files you want to move.
- Then right-click on the files and click on copy to.
- Now go back to your second Google account and click on OK The transfer process will be started.
It will take several minutes or hours based on the size of the folder or file to get the job done. But don’t worry, you can leave the page and turn off the computer since the copying process continues even if your computer is powered off.
This was the second method you can use to transfer your files from one Google account to another.
I hope you have learned the way of How to move files from one Google drive to another. If I am able to generate value for you, then share this article with your friends and let them know about these processes. Thank you for reading.