If you are Windows Laptop and someday you found that you can’t see the battery icon in the taskbar area. Also, you can’t even check how much battery percentage remained. This problem occurs due to various reasons. This article explains to you how to fix the battery icon missing problem in Windows 10/8/7 and enable it again.
How to Fix Battery Icon Missing Problem in Windows Laptop
There are several ways to fix this issue. According to the situation you can use any following methods one by one and see if your battery icon missing problem fixed.
Method 1: Enable Battery icon from Taskbar settings
Sometimes by mistake, you had removed a battery icon from the taskbar. This method will restore the battery icon back in the taskbar.
A. For Windows 10/8
- Step1: Right click anywhere on the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
- Step2: Click on turn system icons on or Off.
- Step3: Turn on Power option from the displayed list.
- Step4: Now go back and click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
- Step5: Now, you can see the power option is disabled. If it is so, enable it by toggling the slider.
You can now see the battery icon in the taskbar.
B. For Windows 7
- Step1: Right click on taskbar and select Properties.
- Step2: Select Taskbar tab, under Notification Area, click on Customize button.
- Step3: Click Turn system icons on or off.
- Step4: In the Behaviors column, turn On power option.
Method2: Re-install Battery Drivers
If you see the power option is already turned on during Method1, there may be a possibility that battery drivers are corrupted or not installed correctly. This method applied to all versions of windows, i.e. windows 10, 8, 7.
- Step1: Go to Run tool by pressing Windows + R button from keyboard
- Step2: Type the following command and press enter to open device manager.
- Step3: Now find the batteries option and expand its options.
- Step4: You can see the two drivers there, Microsoft AC adaptor & Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery.
- Step5: At first, right-click on Microsoft AC Adaptor and select uninstall the device.
- Step6: Now click on Scan for changes icon from menu and Battery icon now again start to install.
- Step7: After successful installation, click on the second driver, i.e. Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method BatteryMicrosoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery and do the same procedure from step step5 to step6.
Now restarts the laptop and you can see battery icon missing problem is fixed.
Method3: Update drivers
There might be an issue with updated drivers. You can update battery drivers to fix battery icon missing problem.
You can download your Laptop’s specific drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them.
if the drivers are not available on the manufacturer’s website, just update your windows OS to update the generic drivers that come with windows os.
Surely, you can fix the battery icon missing problem using this method.
Method4: Update BIOS
If a battery icon is still missing from taskbar, the last method is to update the BIOS board.
Just go to your laptop manufacturer’s website and download the BIOS update.
Now install the BIOS and keep the battery-powered during updating.
Battery Icon missing Windows 10 issue occurs due to various reasons in windows 10 bugs or users unintentional settings change. You can fix the issue by 4 methods mentioned above.
Hope this article helped you in fixing battery icon missing problem. If you have any query or issues, you can comment down below.